News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which of the 6 QBs do you see succeeed

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 10:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

History says, at best, only half succeed.  So which 3 do you see being hits in their new situations

Bears and Williams

Commanders and Daniels

Pats and Maye

Atlanta and Penix

Vikings and JJ

Broncos and Bo
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

If history is any guide only one or two will really hit. Looking at the situation I'd say the Bears have really set Williams up well. The rest are going to struggle for a couple years.

MightyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on April 25, 2024, 10:05:31 PMIf history is any guide only one or two will really hit. Looking at the situation I'd say the Bears have really set Williams up well. The rest are going to struggle for a couple years.

I think the Broncos and Bo could be a good fit and successful
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 10:07:30 PMI think the Broncos and Bo could be a good fit and successful

Their skill position players were worse than ours last year and they didn't get better so far this offseason. Their line should be solid though, so at least he won't be running for his life every week.

Trench

Quote from: madbadger on April 25, 2024, 10:13:18 PMTheir skill position players were worse than ours last year and they didn't get better so far this offseason. Their line should be solid though, so at least he won't be running for his life every week.

Don't forget - Broncos have our old friend Sills

madbadger

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 10:26:48 PMDon't forget - Broncos have our old friend Sills

Just goes to show how bad their receiver room is.

Philosophers

Vikings and JJ.

Best landing spot of all the six teams with the offensive talent there.

londonblue

Williams has a very good supporting cast. So does McCarthy. Nix has Payton. One of those three likely has the best situation even if the three I have not mentioned are 2-4 in some order in terms of talent.

Schoen/Daboll (and particularly the latter given his QB whisperer status) have IMO gambled that BOTH Jones and Lock are better than Penix, McCarthy and Nix. Both because given Jones injury history we have to see Lock as 1b not 2. If the Giants felt they could improve 1b that was the biggest bang they could possibly get at 6 and they would/should have pulled the trigger.

Their reputations now ride on how Jones/Lock perform and how those three guys do elsewhere. Let us hope they got it right.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

katkavage

I see Williams, Daniels, and McCarthy all thriving. Maye will struggle with a very bad team around him. Nix I just don't think is very good though Payton might get something out of him. Penix got screwed. There is no way he plays for at least two years unless Cousins gets hurt (which is very possible). If I'm an Atlanta and/or Penix fan I'm pissed. It's not like Atlanta had the luxury to give up a first round pick for the distant future. They are that good.

GloryDays

I really think JJ will have the best career. I base that not just on his experience and stats, but his leadership, winning percentage and his confidence, all point to it.

DaveBrown74

If I'm picking three:

Williams: I understand he has red flags, but they all do. Williams has the most natural talent, and as bad a franchise as the Bears have been, he has weapons there to look forward to. DJ Moore/Odunze/Keenan Allen is a seriously good receiver room, and they have a nice stable of backs led by the talented D'Andre Swift.

Drake Maye: Again, I get there are concerns with him, and the Pats don't have much around him, but I just believe in this guy for whatever reason. It may take a 2-3 years though to really get him going at a high level.

JJ McCarthy: It was between him and Penix for me. I went with McCarthy in the end, because that offense is loaded with talent, and the head coach is very good. Atlanta is a dopey franchise.

I actually really like Daniels but I worry about his durability, and I don't trust the franchise he is with.

LennG

I would also go with JJ. He has landed in the best possible situation for a rookie, that all he really needs to do is not screw things up.
will he be the starter day 1?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ralphpal1

C willaims has an amazing offense also
I say maybe better than the minny offense
He can be like when Big Ben came into the league
Just grow with the team
PS
If we have to pick a.rookie QB next year
Our WRs should also be very good

Bob In PA

I'd normally select my favorite (Daniels) but since he went to the Commodes, I'll say none.

If you insist that I pick one, out of deference to our "QB whisperer" @Ed Vette I'll say Nix and the Broncos.

A shot in the dark. No particular reason except Broncos have been 'down' for quite some time (like the Giants) so if I start picking them now to revitalize and keep doing it each year, I'm bound to be right eventually. lol

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

AZGiantFan

I'd have said Penix, except he was drafted by idiots.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll