News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jones will be the Starting QB in 2024 when Healthy- Schoen

Started by Ed Vette, November 27, 2023, 12:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quick Kick

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 28, 2023, 03:50:25 PMWhat in his 5 year career has shown you that he is serviceable? Absolutely nothing

Last year showed he is serviceable. My main issue with Jones is his inability to stay healthy.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Quick Kick on November 28, 2023, 06:49:00 PMLast year showed he is serviceable. My main issue with Jones is his inability to stay healthy.
That wasn't serviceable, he only threw above 200 yards 6 times last year. In the modern NFL you have to have a Qb that can throw at a high volume, and Jones can't do that. His processing is bad, and our offense will continue to be in the bottom of the league as long as he is behind center.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 27, 2023, 12:45:29 PM"We'll take the best player available. If the best player available for our team is at a certain position, we'll take it. I mean, we won't shy away from it," Schoen said. "That's a ways away, the draft in April. We're still working through all that. We have to come up with a plan, like I said, just for the offseason right now. Tommy [DeVito] is the only one that's under contract, so we'll look at all different avenues there."

All roads, though, apparently lead back to Jones being the Giants primary quarterback in 2024.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2023/11/27/23977912/daniel-jones-will-be-giants-starting-qb-in-2024-when-healthy-gm-joe-schoen

sounds like a bunch of double speak to me

Schoen has no ties to Jones.  He didnt draft him and did not activate his option.

Certainly Jones performance this year does not call for a repeat

I do not think Jones will be our QB next year.  Schoen will find a way to unload Jones

He likely will be a starting QB, he didnt say for which team LOL
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

babywhales

Quote from: BluesCruz on November 29, 2023, 01:12:27 PMsounds like a bunch of double speak to me

Schoen has no ties to Jones.  He didnt draft him and did not activate his option.

Certainly Jones performance this year does not call for a repeat

I do not think Jones will be our QB next year.  Schoen will find a way to unload Jones

Schoen never said he would not take a QB, he said when Jones is healthy, he is the QB.  

With 69 mill dead cap next year I would expect jones to be the QB and allow the Oline to further develop.  

Either build up his value and trade him or let him exist while the new QB gets comfortable, and the line develops more.

All this being said I agree, its double talk setting Schoen up for the draft. he hides his intentions much better than DG ever did. 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Quick Kick

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 29, 2023, 10:07:28 AMThat wasn't serviceable, he only threw above 200 yards 6 times last year. In the modern NFL you have to have a Qb that can throw at a high volume, and Jones can't do that. His processing is bad, and our offense will continue to be in the bottom of the league as long as he is behind center.

I guess making the playoffs and winning a game with a third rate line and 2nd rate receivers doesn't qualify as serviceable in your eyes. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.  We are talking about the term "serviceable" not terms like outstanding  or good.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Quick Kick on November 29, 2023, 02:29:37 PMI guess making the playoffs and winning a game with a third rate line and 2nd rate receivers doesn't qualify as serviceable in your eyes. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.  We are talking about the term "serviceable" not terms like outstanding  or good.
We made the playoffs on several last minute wins in the 1st quarter of the season with a cupcake schedule. Jones had a good game against a historically bad secondary and defense and then the very next week crumbled against an actual NFL team. If Serviceable doesn't mean good, then why wouldn't we just go with Devito or Tyrod? Both outplayed Jones easily this year in the games they were in.

I logically can't see how any fan of the NY Giants who has watched Jones for 5 years would want or even say "yeah give me more of that please". Averaging what 165 yards passing with 1 Td and 2 turnovers a game.

But your right that's my opinion. That Jones is a backup and unless something goes horribly wrong we can only hope he never sees the field again as our starter. I like that guy as a human, just not as the qb for this franchise.

Quick Kick

I guess we will find out next year how good Jones is (provided he can stay healthy) cause Jones is not going anywhere in 24 due to his contract-unless they can trade him.

brownelvis54

Huge Jones fan when drafted in for a few years that followed, but I'm in the camp with most here time to move on. Is far is what comes out of New York giant headquarters I hold it with the grain of salt.... What do you expect them to say?

Joon is on the books for next year regardless to anyone here thinks... if the Giants say anything negative about Jones, it would hurt any possible trade value, if any that we can get for him. I expect the Giants to draft any position any player they can get their hands on, and if there's a quarterback that falls to us I don't think we hesitate and we pull the trigger
The KING is in the building