News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 16

Started by DaveBrown74, December 23, 2023, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Plenty of action the next few days starting today. Lots of playoff implications. Might as well get a thread going.

DaveBrown74

Pickens lighting it up for the Steelers today. This guy is an absolute thoroughbred stud. Still amazes me we passed on him for Wan'Dale. I know Wan'Dale has some upside but there is absolutely no comparing these two players.

LennG

I can't believe the Bengals threw the ball on 4th and inches. What a horrible play call in that situation.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

How many backups this year have we seen that have 3 or 4 solid starts and then take huge steps backwards in the following weeks?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 23, 2023, 07:11:55 PMHow many backups this year have we seen that have 3 or 4 solid starts and then take huge steps backwards in the following weeks?

True.

Speaking of backups, Mason Rudolph probably got himself a backup QB contract with someone for next year after this performance.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 23, 2023, 06:27:41 PMPickens lighting it up for the Steelers today. This guy is an absolute thoroughbred stud. Still amazes me we passed on him for Wan'Dale. I know Wan'Dale has some upside but there is absolutely no comparing these two players.
The guy with the questionable hand size. That settles that.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Browning looked like he had no idea to read zone. Awful defense too for the Bengals. Plowed and exposed by a struggling Pitt offense.

The Bills almost screwed the pooch...eeking out the Bolts. Chargers showed fight after quitting on Staley obviously. Survive and advance as Tuna would say. :yes:

spiderblue43

quote author=DaveBrown74 link=msg=931256 date=1703374061]
Pickens lighting it up for the Steelers today. This guy is an absolute thoroughbred stud. Still amazes me we passed on him for Wan'Dale. I know Wan'Dale has some upside but there is absolutely no comparing these two players.
[/quote]

Totally agree. It couldn't have been from his measurable. Something else had to dissuade them-effort..attitude?

It has surfaced in Pittsburgh recently..but his talent is immense..obvious. ~X(

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 24, 2023, 12:41:01 AMquote author=DaveBrown74 link=msg=931256 date=1703374061]

Totally agree. It couldn't have been from his measurable. Something else had to dissuade them-effort..attitude?

It has surfaced in Pittsburgh recently..but his talent is immense..obvious. ~X(

He definitely seems like a a bit of a diva type. His talent is undeniable though, and many wide receivers around the league (both presently and historically) have had this sort of trait. The guy unquestionably produces on the field though. As just a 22 year old second year guy, he already has over 1,000 yards with two games left to play, and I would say their QB play there has been suspect at best. Kenny Pickett is more of a check-down guy than a long ball guy, and Pickens is still putting up legit numbers. His yards per target is over 10, which is elite. Definitely a top shelf talent, and he'll keep getting better.

DaveBrown74

Kind of a weak-ish slate of games in the first batch at 1pm. Detroit at Minny is definitely the most intriguing of the lot. Browns at Texans is worth checking out, although no Stroud.

Best game of the day is clearly Dallas at Miami. Very intrigued by that one.

killarich

If packers ,Vikings and Seahawks all lose and we win are we back in it ?

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 24, 2023, 11:50:11 AMKind of a weak-ish slate of games in the first batch at 1pm. Detroit at Minny is definitely the most intriguing of the lot. Browns at Texans is worth checking out, although no Stroud.

Best game of the day is clearly Dallas at Miami. Very intrigued by that one.

There are 7 games with stand alone time slots.  It's what the NFL wants, but there is only a certain amount of interesting games this time of year. 

1 Thursday game
2 Saturday games
1 Sunday night game
3 Monday games

Doesnt leave a lot for 1 PM on Sunday.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 24, 2023, 02:16:53 PMThere are 7 games with stand alone time slots.  It's what the NFL wants, but there is only a certain amount of interesting games this time of year. 

1 Thursday game
2 Saturday games
1 Sunday night game
3 Monday games

Doesnt leave a lot for 1 PM on Sunday.

Yup, I get it. I don't see why they're prioritizing Christmas Day games over Sunday. I could see doing one game on Christmas Day, but three?

Also the Sunday Night game sucks tonight.

Jclayton92

Pickens had a lot of questionable stuff happen in college if I remember correctly and there was hesitation especially right after busting on Toney with questionable. So instead they played it safe.