News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 16

Started by DaveBrown74, December 23, 2023, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

The Skins have come all the way back and are threatening to take a lead. Crazy.

JT39

Need this jets win.

Sam Howell is god awful. Probably the worst starting QB in the league. We can't pick behind them.

EDjohnst1981

Fair play to the Lions. A few years ago, they were a 3 win team, they acquired a reclamation project at QB and now have won the NFC North.

Well done.

uconnjack8

Dallas offense looks like it could run over Miami if they can hold on to the ball

spiderblue43

Miami is not running like Buffalo. Pokes doing a better job so far. Lamb has been eating their lunch from the slot. Fins caught a break with a goal line fumble

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on December 24, 2023, 04:27:26 PMNeed this jets win.

Sam Howell is god awful. Probably the worst starting QB in the league. We can't pick behind them.

They're not winning either of their next two games, so get used to it.

spiderblue43

Dolphin injuries..Mostaert (leg)..Waddle (eye) knocked out last drive. Mad Mike goes for it at the 5..pfft. Pokes ball 7-3

DaveBrown74

I hate to say this, but Trevor Lawrence has not lived up to the hype so far. I think he's pretty good but he has not shown any sign of being exceptional, which is absolutely what people thought he'd be.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 24, 2023, 05:20:03 PMI hate to say this, but Trevor Lawrence has not lived up to the hype so far. I think he's pretty good but he has not shown any sign of being exceptional, which is absolutely what people thought he'd be.

Generational tag certainly seems... Exaggerated now. Despite being uninspired this season, he was still top-10 in QBR entering this week (though the rash of QB injuries this season may assist that).

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 24, 2023, 05:20:03 PMI hate to say this, but Trevor Lawrence has not lived up to the hype so far. I think he's pretty good but he has not shown any sign of being exceptional, which is absolutely what people thought he'd be.

Don't tell that to Nick Wright. He adores him. The Prince making his faithful wince. Btw. Tua is misfiring a lot today.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on December 24, 2023, 05:23:10 PMGenerational tag certainly seems... Exaggerated now. Despite being uninspired this season, he was still top-10 in QBR entering this week (though the rash of QB injuries this season may assist that).

Exactly.. you'd think this would be a year for him to stand out. Injuries to tons of key QBs and down years for Mahomes, Allen, and Hurts. Plus he has weapons in his disposal in that offense and a reasonable schedule.

He did just turn 24 in October, so I'm happy to hold off for now, but if you're a Jags fan you can't love what you've been seeing with him.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 24, 2023, 05:35:59 PMExactly.. you'd think this would be a year for him to stand out. Injuries to tons of key QBs and down years for Mahomes, Allen, and Hurts. Plus he has weapons in his disposal in that offense and a reasonable schedule.

He did just turn 24 in October, so I'm happy to hold off for now, but if you're a Jags fan you can't love what you've been seeing with him.
Outside Calvin ridley who just missed a year I think the Giants have better skill players at WR, RB, and TE than the Jags which Is wild to say.

Jclayton92

Also wish we had a recurring one of these threads for college as a ton is going on, they just aren't in mid-season currently. The transfer portal, recruiting etc is bananas right now.

kartanoman

Good game down in Miami that went down to the final seconds. Dolphins win with a walk-off field goal and send Dallas reeling to a tough loss.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Quote from: kartanoman on December 24, 2023, 07:47:44 PMGood game down in Miami that went down to the final seconds. Dolphins win with a walk-off field goal and send Dallas reeling to a tough loss.

Peace!

Couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss