News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Burns official!!

Started by killarich, March 11, 2024, 06:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicRat

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 07:51:14 PMIf Burns is a complimentary edge guy being paid as 2nd best DLine men, what does that make Kayvon?

Schoen is awful at contracts.
It makes Kayvon a guy with three more years on a rookie deal.
Smell my cheese you mother!

AZGiantFan

And Burns may be able to show Thibs and Ojulari a thing or two about pass rushing.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Ed Vette

As I read this, the fully guaranteed after the first two years is a $25.75 out.
https://x.com/dduggan21/status/1767393592346071087?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Found this an interesting complaint on "X", by country singing star Luke Combs and huge Panther's fan

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

FL GMAN

For those that think the Giants gave up too much for Burns it has now been revealed that 2 years ago the Rams offered 2 1st rounders and a second rounder.

coggs

Quote from: FL GMAN on March 12, 2024, 12:42:53 PMFor those that think the Giants gave up too much for Burns it has now been revealed that 2 years ago the Rams offered 2 1st rounders and a second rounder.
But that is when he was under his rookie deal, no?  Changes the trade value tremendously.  I dont think it was too much, but they had to give up picks AND pay him A LOT of $.

Ed Vette

It's a flat contract with not a lot of fully guaranteed money. The Giants can get out in two years if he fails to perform as paid.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 12, 2024, 12:59:09 PMIt's a flat contract with not a lot of fully guaranteed money. The Giants can get out in two years if he fails to perform as paid.

I really like the flatness of the CAP hits because it means he just gets cheaper and cheaper as the CAP increases.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll