News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

On a scale of one to five (5 being best) rate the NYG's draft

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 04:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rate the Giants draft

bamagiantfan

It was a solid draft. It was a nice combination of best talent while addressing biggest need. Nubin was a bit of a surprise to me but I may have undervalued the impact of the loss of McKinney.

I've been a Giant fan for 50+ years and I haven't said this often - I thought they had a good off-season in free agency and did well in the draft on Days 1, 2, and 3.

I know some would have liked a QB or DT, or maybe even a G, but there is a limited number of picks and a limited number of players. The fact that the Giants were not awarded a single Compensation Pick in the 2024 draft should give everyone a sober slap in the face about where this team was. We didn't have much and when we lost players we found out they weren't worth anything.

I feel like I'm reliving the Mets rebuild in 1983 and 1984, or the NY Rangers in 1992-1993. I don't like the results yet but I like where this team is going. 
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

EDjohnst1981

I think it's a solid draft. Scored it a 4.

However, with so many holes everywhere, this ought to be the bare minimum expectation.

I do think the OLine will be better - some nice additions and a new coach - I can see why they didn't prioritise that position.

I would have liked a QB but circumstances dictate the elite ones weren't ready. And reaching for a lesser prospect will only prolong the problems with the position.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Just_jimmy on April 27, 2024, 05:06:51 PM1.

Didn't get a franchise QB.  Can't win without one.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Seems pretty harsh to downgrade a draft for not taking the opportunity of doing something they never even had the opportunity to do.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"