News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on May 16, 2024, 08:42:27 PMWhat a disgusting collapse this is going to be.  While there's no excuse when you're up 3-0 in a series a lot of this will rest on Drury's shoulders.  Added absolutely nothing at the deadline to help the Rangers in the playoffs.  Two guys who lack offense and are complete non factors.
uh-huh

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 16, 2024, 08:48:50 PMIt's been a slow moving car crash ever since that ridiculous late penalty in game four, leading to the game winning goal for Carolina. Been a complete disaster since then. Our guys look utterly lethargic in comparison to the opponent.

At this point (second intermission) the Hurricanes are now a favorite in this series. I know nobody wants to hear that, and I don't either, but it's a fact.
yup

coggs

Quote from: files58 on May 16, 2024, 08:49:42 PMCarolina wants it more. The Rangers are showing a deficiency I thought they had before the season started, the need for more speed. You all know how I feel about certain intangibles, the need to play a mean game.  :cuss:  :cuss:  :cuss:  :banghead:

definitely.  Carolina will win the series on saturday.

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on May 16, 2024, 08:55:38 PMAbsolutely, this looks like the team that lost to Tampa and NJ the past two years. 
yeah.

coggs

Sometimes I wonder if Rangers fans have actually watched this team all season.  They won 55 games for a reason and have not had a long losing streak all season. 

kartanoman

Lol, everyone!

I come on here, read all these crazy a$$ posts of all of you, and I'm glad that I decided to watch the game with appreciation of the talent of both teams for the full 60 minutes and more, if needed. I feel rewarded for taking in what was a heavyweight boxing title matchup, TKO in the 13th round.

Even at 1-3, I felt they were going to come back because of two things: Carolina kept hitting the iron and Igor kept getting better as the game went on. Eventually, the tides would turn on the other end. Eventually, they did but I never would have guessed that Kreider would have pulled a Messier on us! A magnificent performance and a timely return of the Rangers we've come to love this season.

For Carolina, the ride is over. When the camera focused on that poor crying little boy, I couldn't help but feel terrible for him. I remember being him once when the Isles put one past Glen Hanlon in the deciding game of the 1983-84 opening round of the Playoffs, in overtime, no less.

So, the oddsmakers didn't get it right by picking the Canes to win it all. They weren't counting on what the Rangers had in store this year.

So we can all exhale now and watch tomorrow night's Boston - Florida match with interest.

Meanwhile, Edmonton just drew first blood in their Game Six against Vancouver which is where I'm hanging out the rest of the evening.

Goodnight, all!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

EDjohnst1981

coggs

Jordan Martinook and Endy Chavez will walk together forever.

jgrangers2

So do you we hang 20 in the rafters now or wait until his career is over?

Gmo11

Quote from: jgrangers2 on Today at 09:39:32 AMSo do you we hang 20 in the rafters now or wait until his career is over?

It'll be there shortly upon his retirement and perhaps if he has a farewell season down the road they do it while he's still active.

I don't care what he does the rest of these playoffs, that 3rd period from Kreider is the stuff of legends.  No more slandering that man's name.  Trouba may be the captain in title, but Kreider has been the heart and soul of this team for going on a decade now. 

Pulling a hat trick in the 3rd period of THIS game where if not for that they're going into Game 7 having lost 3 in a row and on the brink of one of the great collapses in sports history.  Nobody needs that kind of pressure.  So he simply decided to end it right there instead. Looking out for his teammates blood pressure.  What a guy!

Either Boston or Florida will be tough.  Florida perhaps being a worse matchup.  But right now I feel like they can hang with anybody and they will certainly be fired up for Game 1 at the Garden after this emotional roller coaster.

One last thing.  PK Subban said this week it was almost a good thing the Rangers lost at least one or two games this series because had they swept the Caps and then dispatched of the Hurricanes in short order they'd have faced no adversity whatsoever going into what is sure to be a bloodbath of an ECF.  Now they've taken a few punches and know they can eat those shots and come back firing. 

8 more wins!

EDjohnst1981

I'm still buzzing.

Love CK20, always have but as you guys have said - that was one for the ages.