News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This is something that just sticks in my craw!

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, June 02, 2022, 03:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Washington Commanders getting a new stadium
Buffalo Bills getting a new stadium

Here's a rendition of the Commanders' proposed stadium

Here's a rendition of the proposed Bills' stadium

Then check out this multi-billion brainchild of the Giants and Jets...dreaming big  :sick:

With all the money that the Giants have and New York being the financial center of the world...why don't we just give this stadium to the Jets and build a great stadium for just the Giants....before the Jets do it first!!!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

2 issues

First, it costs more to build in the NYC metro area.    Second and more importantly, that stadium is a monument to compromise.  The Giants wanted a modern retro look (you know with brick and all that) and the Jets wanted something modern and chromed up.   Neither team got what they wanted and so we have the world's largest cooling tower, which is spud ugly inside and out and managed to be worse in almost every way from their stadium it replaced
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I was truly amazed (in a bad way) the first time I made it to our new stadium. I couldn't believe the money spent for what felt like such a bland, uninspiring, ugly building. Moreover I have always found the acoustics to be awful too. I have sat in multiple locations in the stadium (very good seats and very high up seats and in between), and I have always felt the acoustics were poor. It is dismaying to me that they couldn't do a better job with this project than they did. To me there are no excuses whatsoever.