News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thomas out vs. Seahawks

Started by JT39, September 30, 2023, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Gonna be another long night for the offense.

With Buffalo and Miami coming up, season can be over very very quick.

EDjohnst1981

Massive loss.

Seahawks will be a fringe wildcard team. If the Giants want to be one, they have to beat these teams at home.

Next man up.

DaveBrown74

Our line played fine without him against the Cards. This D is no better. This injury is important but our O can move the ball just fine without him in this game. This is a weak pass rush we're facing.

Hopefully he's able to go against Miami but I think our offense will be ok without him this week.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 30, 2023, 11:41:42 AMOur line played fine without him against the Cards. This D is no better. This injury is important but our O can move the ball just fine without him in this game. This is a weak pass rush we're facing.

Hopefully he's able to go against Miami but I think our offense will be ok without him this week.

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree. Thomas is a premiere LT in the league and Ezuodu is a replacement level player. Whose film is now being more broken down. He was abysmal against SF.

MightyGiants

It's hard to be a Giants fan, it's really is.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on September 30, 2023, 11:45:18 AMI'm sorry but I strongly disagree. Thomas is a premiere LT in the league and Ezuodu is a replacement level player. Whose film is now being more broken down. He was abysmal against SF.

I'm not saying it's not a major injury. I said very clearly that it was important. I just disagree with your point that our offense is doomed without him. Our offense hung over 30 points in a single half without him against a D that is about as good as this one, and that game was on the road. To ignore that game and only apply the San Fran game to this one makes no sense. Seattle's D is much closer to Arizona's in caliber than they are to San Fran. San Fran is the best D in the sport. These guys are closer to the bottom of the league.

uconnjack8

Big difference in who Ezeudu will face in this game vs SF.  It will be a good barometer for him.

Sem

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 30, 2023, 11:41:42 AMOur line played fine without him against the Cards. This D is no better. This injury is important but our O can move the ball just fine without him in this game. This is a weak pass rush we're facing.

Thomas being out can't be the reason they lose Monday night.  Yes, it's a big loss but there is still enough on offense if they are as talented as we think to put points on the board against a team that struggles against the pass.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

The Seahawks don't have a good D line, our defensive front is significantly better which is saying something. However they do have an excellent secondary I mean love is safety 3 for them.

JT39

Barkley out now too.

JV offense on another prime time game.

What talent is there on this offense? Especially without these 2? Lol

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on September 30, 2023, 02:14:20 PMBarkley out now too.

JV offense on another prime time game.

What talent is there on this offense? Especially without these 2? Lol

I would hope the guy we're paying $40mm a year to qualifies as "talent." If not, we have one hell of a problem on our hands.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 30, 2023, 02:17:37 PMI would hope the guy we're paying $40mm a year to qualifies as "talent." If not, we have one hell of a problem on our hands.

People are so obsessed with the QB that they don't focus on other things.

31st in pass blocking
32nd in WR separation

The old saying that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken .....

Ed Vette

Quote from: JT39 on September 30, 2023, 02:21:45 PMPeople are so obsessed with the QB that they don't focus on other things.

31st in pass blocking
32nd in WR separation

The old saying that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken .....
Please share the site for team WR separation.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 30, 2023, 03:26:08 PMPlease share the site for team WR separation.

MightyGiants posted in earlier in the week that our starters ranked 98th, 130th, 133 in terms of separation out of 135 qualified players.