News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thomas out vs. Seahawks

Started by JT39, September 30, 2023, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Every injury matters when you're a bad team - which we are right now. And I believe the drop off from Thomas to Ezudu is a big one. And we can say how bad the Seahawks are all we want - but what do you think they're fans are saying?

"Hey the Giants OLine is terrible and now they're missing their best OL - our DL should be better"

Until we can show any competence on offense or defense - it's hard to be optimistic.

Jclayton92

But we were the greatest show on turf in the preseason...

What happened is a ton of the fan base and writers a like were over the moon about an offense with the same exact players as last year minus a rookie c and Wr. That and a 30 yr old oft injured TE.

Everyone fell for the such a great offense theme all camp that now when we look like the same pedestrian offense we ran all last year minus 2 games everyone has to blame EVERYONE and not Jones or themselves for blowing too much smoke up this teams backside when they had done absolutely nothing.

Yes It's Jones fault 100% throw down field, get out of the pocket, use your legs.

It's also on the coaches, and the other players but you guys have to stop baby sitting an average Qb.

DaveBrown74

So today Houston had both of their starting tackles out, including perennial pro bowl stud left tackle Laremy Tunsil. They also had their starting left guard Shaq Mason out. The line was in absolute shambles today, and they were going up an elite Steeler pass rush.

Those are devastating injuries and an impossible situation, right? I mean we're singing the woe is me song about missing just Andrew Thomas against a bad defense. These guys are missing their equivalent Andrew Thomas plus two other O line starters, and they're up against TJ Watt and company. They must have had no chance on offense today, right?

Well, apparently they did have a chance. They lit it up on offense. Since bad teams apparently have no chance if any key players are injured, can someone please explain to me how a rookie QB (CJ Stroud) was able to throw for over 300 yards today on over 10 YPA, two TDs, no picks, and a rating around 111? I'm struggling to understand it given that their line is in complete shambles. Did Stroud just get freakishly lucky somehow given normally this sort of thing is impossible?

JT39

Board is full of know it alls.

Last poster failed to mention how bad Cleveland looked without their two best players.

Pathetic.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 04:14:14 PMBoard is full of know it alls.

Last poster failed to mention how bad Cleveland looked without their two best players.

Pathetic.

I'm not the one telling everyone else here how it is and speaking in absolutes on everything - that would you be yourself. Re-read your posts.

In my previous post I was asking you for an explanation of what happened in the Texans/Steelers game, since it played out in a way that was totally at odds with everything you have been saying the last two days about the impact of injuries to a bad team. Given how certain you seem about everything, I found the way that game played out to be confusing. Since you appear to have all the answers, so I thought I'd ask you to help me understand what happened. I'm not sure what the name-calling is all about.

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 04:14:14 PMBoard is full of know it alls.

Pathetic.

This board is full of educated fans capable of calling out your xxxxxxxx.  Do better...

JT39

Not worth it. I'll just ignore your posts and hopefully you do the same for me in the future. Your post had nothing but full intention to attack me about something I said earlier.

You're not worth the time so take care.

Follow up post proves my point.

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 04:55:16 PMNot worth it. I'll just ignore your posts and hopefully you do the same for me in the future. Your post had nothing but full intention to attack me about something I said earlier.

You've been here for 2 months and you're attacking poster who have multiple decades on this forum. Good luck...

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 01, 2023, 04:01:31 PMSo today Houston had both of their starting tackles out, including perennial pro bowl stud left tackle Laremy Tunsil. They also had their starting left guard Shaq Mason out. The line was in absolute shambles today, and they were going up an elite Steeler pass rush.

Those are devastating injuries and an impossible situation, right? I mean we're singing the woe is me song about missing just Andrew Thomas against a bad defense. These guys are missing their equivalent Andrew Thomas plus two other O line starters, and they're up against TJ Watt and company. They must have had no chance on offense today, right?

Well, apparently they did have a chance. They lit it up on offense. Since bad teams apparently have no chance if any key players are injured, can someone please explain to me how a rookie QB (CJ Stroud) was able to throw for over 300 yards today on over 10 YPA, two TDs, no picks, and a rating around 111? I'm struggling to understand it given that their line is in complete shambles. Did Stroud just get freakishly lucky somehow given normally this sort of thing is impossible?

The man has a point.

JT39

Quote from: kingm56 on October 01, 2023, 04:57:05 PMYou've been here for 2 months and you're attacking poster who have multiple decades on this forum. Good luck...

I'm not attacking him I disagreed with him. If that's now allowed - then I'll leave the board. But his post on the the top of this page was nothing but to mock and ridicule my opinion. So it's whatever. I'm comfortable in saying injuries are excuses because over course of time - the more injured teams don't fare well. And us losing our best players on offense will make us much worse Monday night.

If that's not allowed on this board - then I'll gladly leave.

I really don't care who has clout. I really don't care who is right or wrong. I call it as I see it. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. But if there is an official scorecard on who's consistently right - I'd be glad to see it.

Thanks!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 04:55:16 PMNot worth it. I'll just ignore your posts and hopefully you do the same for me in the future. Your post had nothing but full intention to attack me about something I said earlier.

So you get to be fully argumentative with me but if I happen to disagree and defend my view, you play victim and claim I'm attacking you? Give me a break. This exchange started with you disagreeing with me and arguing against a point I made, and calling my point of view a "cliche." So then I give you an example of an offense of a not very good team that overcame injuries, and since you have no response to it you claim I'm "attacking" you and call me a "know it all"?

Pretty ridiculous.

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 01, 2023, 04:58:00 PMThe man has a point.

What about the Browns then today? Can we point that out too?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:02:05 PMWhat about the Browns then today? Can we point that out too?

What about them?

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 01, 2023, 05:01:33 PMSo you get to be fully argumentative with me but if I happen to disagree defend my view, you play victim and claim I'm attacking you? Give me a break. This exchange started with you disagreeing with me and arguing against a point I made, and calling my point of view a "cliche." So then I give you an example of an offense of a not very good team that overcame injuries, and since you have no response to it you claim I'm "attacking" you and call me a "know it all"?

Pretty ridiculous.

So I can't disagree with you? Gotcha.

I'm not the one who came here after the 1:00 games showing how the Browns how one of the most inept games you could watch to prove my point.

Listen - you don't respect my opinion - that's fine. Like I said - let's ignore each other so the board isn't ruin with this nonsense.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 01, 2023, 05:03:05 PMWhat about them?

Outside a last meaningless full drive:

Averaged less than 1.5 YPC
Averaged less than 4 YPA

Missing their two best players and best OL.