News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thomas out vs. Seahawks

Started by JT39, September 30, 2023, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:02:05 PMWhat about the Browns then today? Can we point that out too?

Browns were without their Starting QB.  Not the same thing as Barkley and Thomas being out.

It's not as if the Giants will be without their Starting QB.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 01, 2023, 05:07:15 PMBrowns were without their Starting QB.  Not the same thing as Barkley and Thomas being out.

And Chubb and Conklin.

When your best players are hurt - it matters. Which I've been saying this whole time.

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:05:12 PMOutside a last meaningless full drive:

Averaged less than 1.5 YPC
Averaged less than 4 YPA

Missing their two best players and best OL.

They were missing their QB, which is a separate argument you also disagreed with.

kingm56

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 01, 2023, 05:07:15 PMBrowns were without their Starting QB.  Not the same thing as Barkley and Thomas being out.

Yeah, a little fact he won't highlight given his earlier argument.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:08:28 PMAnd Chubb and Conklin.

When your best players are hurt - it matters. Which I've been saying this whole time.

Not the same situation.  I'd rather the Giants situation then being in the Browns situation with the Starting QB out.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:05:12 PMOutside a last meaningless full drive:

Averaged less than 1.5 YPC
Averaged less than 4 YPA

Missing their two best players and best OL.

Again, I'm not sure what you're asking me. Obviously they got blown out today and were inept on offense. Losing your starting QB is usually a major game changer (see Jets). Thankfully the Giants aren't in that position.

I never said injuries didn't matter. On the contrary, I specifically said they were important. I just said they don't automatically mean you have no chance, as we saw today in the Texans game. I also gave you a couple of teams that have won Super Bowls with critically important players in their offenses missing. Further, I was highlighting the fact that the Seahawks are one of the worst defenses in the league, and that I thought our offense could still move the ball in this specific game. You said you "strongly disagreed" with that point. That's how this started. The fact that the Browns lost badly today doesn't really prove anything, as I was not the one speaking in absolutes.

JT39

And I do strongly disagree losing our two best players will matter. There's a massive drop off between Thomas and Ezeudu. There's a massive drop off between Barkley and Brieda.

Can they come out and score 30 plus points and win? Sure. But I don't see it. I don't think our WRs are any good (especially since Hyatt doesn't play much), Waller has been disappointing as well.

I mean if the rest think a core of Slayton/Hodgins/Campbell/Waller can pick up the slack and score 30 plus points - great?

I don't because I think they are below average players (Waller could be above average but hasn't shown it.)

Throw in a bad OLine and a bad defense... it may be too much to overcome.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:15:08 PMAnd I do strongly disagree losing our two best players will matter. There's a massive drop off between Thomas and Ezeudu. There's a massive drop off between Barkley and Brieda.

Can they come out and score 30 plus points and win? Sure. But I don't see it. I don't think our WRs are any good (especially since Hyatt doesn't play much), Waller has been disappointing as well.

I mean if the rest think a core of Slayton/Hodgins/Campbell/Waller can pick up the slack and score 30 plus points - great?

I don't because I think they are below average players (Waller could be above average but hasn't shown it.)

This is a game Daniel Jones should play well against.  This isn't the 49'ers defense the Giants are going up against.

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:15:08 PMAnd I do strongly disagree losing our two best players will matter. There's a massive drop off between Thomas and Ezeudu. There's a massive drop off between Barkley and Brieda.

To be fair, the Giants only scored >30 points 4x in 2+ years, and two of those contest were against Ind.  Even with Barkley and Thomas playing, they're not a very good football team; thus, they still have a chance to win if the def can play well, and more importantly, DJ can catch lighting in a bottle. 

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 01, 2023, 05:19:52 PMThis is a game Daniel Jones should play well against.  This isn't the 49'ers defense the Giants are going up against.

Daniel Jones will play well if given time and open WRs. DaveBrown mentioned Stroud today. He wasn't sacked once and his WRs made plays. So the QB, OL, and WR ALL deserve credit for their game today.

If our OL plays poorly or our WR don't get open - do you still expect him to play well?

If Jones goes for over 300 yards - everyone involved deserves credit for a job well done.

JT39

Quote from: kingm56 on October 01, 2023, 05:23:31 PMTo be fair, the Giants only scored >30 points 4x in 2+ years, and two of those contest were against Ind.  Even with Barkley and Thomas playing, they're not a very good football team; thus, they still have a chance to win if the def can play well, and more importantly, DJ can catch lighting in a bottle. 

You mentioned something not brought up. If the defense can get a few stops and god forbid a TO - that will help immensely. I mean forcing Jones and this offense to go 75-80 yards every drive and only getting 3-4 possesions a half is not going to end pretty.

Woody

Two years of Schoen draft and  he has yet to draft a real impact player ...
in my opinion.  Better players but production is not there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:24:52 PMDaniel Jones will play well if given time and open WRs. DaveBrown mentioned Stroud today. He wasn't sacked once and his WRs made plays. So the QB, OL, and WR ALL deserve credit for their game today.

If our OL plays poorly or our WR don't get open - do you still expect him to play well?

If Jones goes for over 300 yards - everyone involved deserves credit for a job well done.

Daniel Jones will play well if he plays well.  If he has to be carried by his teammates it's going to be a long night tomorrow. 

But I don't see that happening.  I believe he will play well against Seattle.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 01, 2023, 06:46:26 PMDaniel Jones will play well if he plays well.  If he has to be carried by his teammates it's going to be a long night tomorrow. 

But I don't see that happening.  I believe he will play well against Seattle.

Same here. I am anticipating a big game for Jones in which he breaks out and gets his season going. This is a great spot for him to do that as Seattle's D stinks. Unfortunately, our D is also bad, but hopefully we can be on the winning end of a shootout against Geno Smith.

Jclayton92

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 05:24:52 PMDaniel Jones will play well if given time and open WRs. DaveBrown mentioned Stroud today. He wasn't sacked once and his WRs made plays. So the QB, OL, and WR ALL deserve credit for their game today.

Jones has only thrown over 201 yards 7 times in the last 22 games so I don't think the barometer of 300 is accurate.