News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

APB

Started by B1GBLUE, October 02, 2023, 01:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

where the heck has bellinger been? considering we were supposed to see a lot more 2 tight end sets and waller has been getting a good amount of attention, why isnt bellinger seeing 6-7 balls per game? what does he have 1 catch this year? the kid is very talented. idk what is going on with our play calling but it has been absolutely terrible this year.

MightyGiants

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 02, 2023, 01:40:29 PMwhere the heck has bellinger been? considering we were supposed to see a lot more 2 tight end sets and waller has been getting a good amount of attention, why isnt bellinger seeing 6-7 balls per game? what does he have 1 catch this year? the kid is very talented. idk what is going on with our play calling but it has been absolutely terrible this year.

According to PFF he has been targeted twice and caught both passes.   I think part of the issue is while the Giants have a plethora of receiving targets none of them (with the possible exception of Hyatt) have been playing at a good or elite level.  If I didn't know any better, it looks like the Giants threw a whole bunch of mid-level receivers at the receiving problem and the coaches don't know how to use what they got.

I think they are trying to mix and match, but they likely would be better served if they picked the best ones and just stuck with them.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Waller has been getting 6-7 targets a game and slightly more than Campbell and Slay. Jones has thrown 32 passes a game. Not a lot of opportunities for anyone.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Bellinger has really only been utilized as an extra blocker to help the Oline mess.

But all summer long he was a weapon and Jones Waller and him were lighting it up. Lesson learned never trust camp or preseason - ever!

TDToomer

Why did you call the thread APB? What is with all the vague topic headers lately? You should know what the thread is going to be about before you start reading the initial post. Sorry this is major pet peeve of mine that seems to be rampant.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs