News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants don't believe in tackling, ST, oline or Play calling!

Started by DragonSoul, October 02, 2023, 10:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

1. Tackling issue again after they said watch how we tackle this week.

2. ST sucked last year and doing worse this year. Fire the ST, he looks lost.

3. Seattle is hurt on the oline but are managing and picking good play calls to help the oline. Even though there oline back ups seem better than most of our starters.

4. Did I mention FIRE the ST coach. And I very rarely want someone fired.

5. I'm disgusted!!! MK needs better play calling cause our line sucks. Seems he had a brief stint when they got the fg that the play calling was a tad better.

10 years and our oline still sucks. Even airman said they have 6 plus defenders on the oline to protect DJ and they still come in free. Disgusted!!!

Rambo89

The line has not been that bad tonight pass blocking.  This is one of the worst pass defenses in the league and yet they can't get the ball downfield.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DragonSoul

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 10:03:00 PMThe line has not been that bad tonight pass blocking.  This is one of the worst pass defenses in the league and yet they can't get the ball downfield.
Aikman thinks otherwise, as do the eye test... Sure there been several good blocks and then the rest? But the play calling would help.

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 02, 2023, 10:08:48 PMAikman thinks otherwise, as do the eye test... Sure there been several good blocks and then the rest? But the play calling would help.

So would QB play

DragonSoul

6th sack of the night. Yea, oline is blocking great again. Again they mention it on air. And another bad ST play.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 10:03:00 PMThe line has not been that bad tonight pass blocking.  This is one of the worst pass defenses in the league and yet they can't get the ball downfield.

11 sacks is "not bad"  :what:   I would hate to see what you would consider bad  :scared:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 09:37:40 AM11 sacks is "not bad"  :what:   I would hate to see what you would consider bad  :scared:

To that point in the game it wasn't.  The QB play however was awful from start to finish.

Ed Vette

At 10:00 pm last night this was true. It progressively derailed as the game wore on.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 03, 2023, 09:41:50 AMAt 10:00 pm last night this was true. It progressively derailed as the game wore on.

Yep, the second half was a nightmare.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 09:45:13 AMYep, the second half was a nightmare.
Whatever transpired or lack there of in that locker room at halftime certainly had an adverse effect on several of the players. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 03, 2023, 09:47:23 AMWhatever transpired or lack there of in that locker room at halftime certainly had an adverse effect on several of the players. 

That was the frightening part of last night's game.  They looked more dead in the 2nd half where you thought they would have come out better. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 09:40:16 AMTo that point in the game it wasn't.  The QB play however was awful from start to finish.

I don't enjoy our game threads, so I follow games via the Twitter Giants group.   While our thread was praising the line early, that wasn't what I was seeing from beatwriters or pundits.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 10:08:41 AMI don't enjoy our game threads, so I follow games via the Twitter Giants group.   While our thread was praising the line early, that wasn't what I was seeing from beatwriters or pundits.

You mean the Mara apologists who will do everything they can to stay in his good graces by absolving the QB from any blame?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Even Bobby Skinner who is almost always pro Jones and defending Jones said it was his worst game in years.