News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So what do you want to see for the rest of the season?

Started by JT39, October 02, 2023, 11:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

I am going to keep Jones out of this for now because DaveBrown has a topic on him. Let's face it - the seasons over. We aren't going anywhere. It's reality. We are not good at anything. So here's some things I'd like to see.

Trade the following players for whatever you can:
Barkley
Leonard Williams
Adoree Jackson

Maybe eat some cash and get a few mid round picks for them.

- move Neal to guard. The right tackle thing is done. He can't do it. I don't want to wait 3 years for the inevitable to happen. Maybe at guard - something will click. And besides - can it be any worse?

- try Simmons on the field at all times. Safety, LB, edge rusher. Who cares. See if his speed can do something.

- fire the Special teams coach yesterday.

- take play calling duties off Kafka.

- Start Hyatt and Robinson and play them 90% of the time and keep Slayton on the bench.

- Cut Campbell. He stinks.

Gmo11

Topshelf21

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 11:26:48 PM- take play calling duties off Kafka.

Does Daboll's job depend on it?

I think it does!

gregf

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 11:26:48 PMI am going to keep Jones out of this for now because DaveBrown has a topic on him. Let's face it - the seasons over. We aren't going anywhere. It's reality. We are not good at anything. So here's some things I'd like to see.

Barkley
Leonard Williams
Adoree Jackson

- move Neal to guard. The right tackle thing is done. He can't do it. I don't want to wait 3 years for the inevitable to happen. Maybe at guard - something will click. And besides - can it be any worse?

- try Simmons on the field at all times. Safety, LB, edge rusher. Who cares. See if his speed can do something.

- Start Hyatt and Robinson and play them 90% of the time and keep Slayton on the bench.

I rarely quote posts, but these are all solid options.  Especially if we loose next 2 games.

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 11:26:48 PMI am going to keep Jones out of this for now because DaveBrown has a topic on him. Let's face it - the seasons over. We aren't going anywhere. It's reality. We are not good at anything. So here's some things I'd like to see.

Barkley
Leonard Williams
Adoree Jackson

I disagree with you alot but for much of what you said I can't put up an argument.

I need to know if the problem is Jones or not?!!...let the kid play - Devito. What ya got to lose

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

I won't bring up QB play in this thread but unless the Giants shock us all and start winning (not just playing better but WINNING), I want to see vets traded for draft capital. Adoree, Leo, Waller, McKinney, and Barkley should all be made available. We need to be in a position to potentially move up in the draft, even if we end up with something like the 7th pick. I'll leave it at that.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 02, 2023, 11:49:44 PMI won't bring up QB play in this thread but unless the Giants shock us all and start winning (not just playing better but WINNING), I want to see vets traded for draft capital. Adoree, Leo, Waller, McKinney, and Barkley should all be made available. We need to be in a position to potentially move up in the draft, even if we end up with something like the 7th pick. I'll leave it at that.

I am reluctant to move up if we have a top 10 pick cause I believe we can still can get a QB in the top 10 and be ecstatic about. Unless we trade up to number 1 and get Williams.

Maye
Ewers
McCarthy
Leonard (I know another Duke QB)

We just need some much talent - we need all our picks

Ed Vette

I'd like to start with a healthy Oline. Losing JMS hurt on top of Thomas. It's bad that there isn't a replacement for Neal. Between him and Ezeudu, the edges lived in the backfield.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 11:51:54 PMI am reluctant to move up if we have a top 10 pick cause I believe we can still can get a QB in the top 10 and be ecstatic about. Unless we trade up to number 1 and get Williams.

Maye
Ewers
McCarthy
Leonard (I know another Duke QB)

We just need some much talent - we need all our picks

In my humble opinion it's too early to get firm views on these QBs. We know the names but they aren't even halfway through their seasons.

More draft capital is not a bad thing if you're moving veterans you're not going to re-sign. Does anyone still want to hand Barkley a big multi-year deal in this offseason? Would you even want to give him the $12mm tag ? I just don't see the purpose. Same with the others I mentioned. Better to get the draft capital. If not to move up, just to have other picks if we're taking a QB.

Topshelf21

I'd like to see a god damn sense of urgency on the field!

I'd like to see Jones screaming at someone on the field (lineman, wr, coach, I don't give a f....see some passion out of this autistic robot), you saw Simms do it, Brady do it, you saw Brown/Hurts go at it...lets see some fire from this team! If they start fighting each other on the sidelines, so be it!

I'd like to see someone start hitting people with bad intentions on defense or offensive line....let's strike some fear into someone for the love of god.

I want to see Daboll get in his coach's face on the sideline when they screw up (aka special teams)...get fired up and red-faced and let them receive an ass-chewing on the sideline for all to see.....xxxx rolls downhill from there and everyone is going to be held accountable.

I don't want to see any celebrating after a tackle/sack or any smiling on the sidelines....the team sucks and no one should be having a fun time at all. You're paid to win, not show up and put the uniform on.

Bill Parcells never had any problems striking fear into players, why can't Daboll do the same.....release someone (Brightwell) and make an example of him! Next week, release someone else....we've got players on the practice squad who can't perform any worse than the horseshit we've been putting on the field this year up to this point.

This friggin team is taking years off of my life....

DaveBrown74

I have to commend fans who actually still go to these games. They have so little to cheer about and they still make an effort. Hell, last night when the Seahawks missed a long field goal already up 14-3, fans were cheering like they just won in the second round of the playoffs. Good for them. I think they frankly deserve to be thanked and deserve an apology. The organization should be ashamed collecting money from these folks. Terrible.

It's embarrassing to be a fan of this team right now even without attending the games. I can't imagine what it must have felt like to walk to the car in the parking lot last night after that pathetic showing.

Rambo89

Quote from: Topshelf21 on October 02, 2023, 11:41:26 PMDoes Daboll's job depend on it?

I think it does!

No way.  Daboll gets at least next season before we talk about getting rid of him.  Giants can't keep changing coaches every two years.  If anything there would be major staff changes if this season doesn't turn around.

What I would like to see the rest of the season is at the very least the Giants clean up the sloppy play of penalties and missed tackles.  Go back to the basics get that cleaned up and take it from there.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

In my mind the odds of Daboll getting fired during or at the end of this season are less than 1%. He has already shown he can be a very effective coach. I'm in no way absolving him for this season, but he will get another chance for sure, even if they don't win another game. Same with Schoen.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 02, 2023, 11:36:30 PMCaleb Williams. That's what I want to see.

how does that help with this oline though? would it be fair to beef up the oline to put him in a position to succeed without giving jones that? maybe williams is a HOF caliber player. Maybe he's the next zack wilson. i just dont see how putting a different qb in helps us right now.