News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So what do you want to see for the rest of the season?

Started by JT39, October 02, 2023, 11:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RelaxTension

I don't think Jackson is tradable and actually needs to be benched.
There is no reason to give him anymore playing time if he is going to play the way he has this season moving forward!
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Torus34

For us New Yorkers, the rest of the season for the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Mets is a bleak playing out of the string. We do have a New York NFL team with prospects of a good season -- the Buffalo Bills.

What we can do, as far as the Giants and Jets are concerned, is lay in a good supply of snacks and brews and settle back. There will be some knee-slapping scrambles for the ball now and then and, once in a while, an individual play which comes up to the best NFL standards. Other than that? Nada. The season's over.

Regards, all.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Torus34 on October 03, 2023, 07:54:13 AMFor us New Yorkers, the rest of the season for the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Mets is a bleak playing out of the string. We do have a New York NFL team with prospects of a good season -- the Buffalo Bills.

What we can do, as far as the Giants and Jets are concerned, is lay in a good supply of snacks and brews and settle back. There will be some knee-slapping scrambles for the ball now and then and, once in a while, an individual play which comes up to the best NFL standards. Other than that? Nada. The season's over.

Regards, all.

Yup.

I don't know if you're into winter sports, but the Rangers and Knicks at least offer a competitive, playoff caliber product. I'm looking forward to the starts of their seasons at this point.

babywhales

It's time for fall walleye fishing and it's bow season here in Wisconsin 

The Giants have regressed.

Roster isn't perfect but many of the plays not getting made are on the players mental side (focus, effort and attitude).  They are a disgrace 

I completely agree trades are needed to dump salary, collect draft picks  and send a message.

A functional line must be created and a QB without PTSD developed . 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Torus34

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2023, 08:44:02 AMYup.

I don't know if you're into winter sports, but the Rangers and Knicks at least offer a competitive, playoff caliber product. I'm looking forward to the starts of their seasons at this point.

Hi! Don't forget the Liberty. Another bright spot in NY sports. But as far as football and baseball goes, we in the Big Apple are left with the old Brooklyn Dodger's fan comment: "Wait 'til next year!"

Regards, and remember what was left in Pandora's box.

katkavage

Move Taylor to QB. Insert Jones as a tailback, splitting time with Barkley and Breida.

TDToomer

Quote from: katkavage on October 03, 2023, 10:03:53 AMMove Taylor to QB. Insert Jones as a tailback, splitting time with Barkley and Breida.

Is this a serious post? Asking for a friend.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

katkavage

Quote from: TDToomer on October 03, 2023, 11:13:17 AMIs this a serious post? Asking for a friend.

Yes! Absolutely. Jones best asset are his legs. He's fast and tough. His QB skills are not there so why not? It takes the ball out of his shaky "hands" as well as decision-making. And it also adds the threat of the halfback option pass. This season needs innovative change to try to rescue it. But the Giants are a stodgy organization. They would never think outside of the box.

Philosophers

1) Dabs - be less of a player's coach and hold starters accountable.  Bench players to get their attention.

2) look at playbook and revise.

3) find starters with heart.

4) fire Bobby Johnson OL coach as he does not appear to getting it done at all.

5) draft Zak Zinter, right guard out of Michigan in 2nd round.  Best interior OL college player in the country.  6'5" 320.  Turns DL all the time and is a good technician.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on October 03, 2023, 12:03:00 PM1) Dabs - be less of a player's coach and hold starters accountable.  Bench players to get their attention.

5) draft Zak Zinter, right guard out of Michigan in 2nd round.  Best interior OL college player in the country.  6'5" 320.  Turns DL all the time and is a good technician.

Good suggestions.

If they're going to do an in-season firing of Bobby Johnson, then McGauhey needs to go too. He is doing a shockingly bad job, and that goes beyond just this year.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2023, 12:48:30 PMGood suggestions.

If they're going to do an in-season firing of Bobby Johnson, then McGauhey needs to go too. He is doing a shockingly bad job, and that goes beyond just this year.

Agree with you on TM.  He's been terrible.

Rambo89

Quote from: Philosophers on October 03, 2023, 12:03:00 PM1) Dabs - be less of a player's coach and hold starters accountable.  Bench players to get their attention.

So after using the 4th overall pick, the 7th overall pick and a 2nd rounder on linemen we're going to use another 2nd round pick on another linemen?  At what point do the other issues on this roster get addressed?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 01:34:38 PMSo after using the 4th overall pick, the 7th overall pick and a 2nd rounder on linemen we're going to use another 2nd round pick on another linemen?  At what point do the other issues on this roster get addressed?

When you start an offensive line that doesnt consist of 4 practice level squad players. It doesnt matter where they are picked. If they stink, they need to be replaced. Neal's honeymoon is over. We have 4-5 guards that dont belong in the NFL.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 03, 2023, 01:37:47 PMWhen you start an offensive line that doesnt consist of 4 practice level squad players. It doesnt matter where they are picked. If they stink, they need to be replaced. Neal's honeymoon is over. We have 4-5 guards that dont belong in the NFL.

That doesn't mean you continue to use premium picks on the offensive line while ignoring the other weaknesses on the roster.  I'm not saying guys shouldn't be replaced.  I am saying the players you acquire to replace them with shouldn't be more premium draft selections.  No team in football has used more of those picks on linemen in recent years. That strategy has not worked.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 01:40:21 PMThat doesn't mean you continue to use premium picks on the offensive line while ignoring the other weaknesses on the roster.  I'm not saying guys shouldn't be replaced.  I am saying the players you acquire to replace them with shouldn't be more premium draft selections.  No team in football has used more of those picks on linemen in recent years. That strategy has not worked.

Then you're suggesting the GM and scouting staff need to be replaced. Both guard spots are a position of NEED. And if the best player in round 2 is a guard - you dont pass one up cause it didnt work out before. Thats foolish.

I am not saying you force the pick, but if the best player available is an OL - we need them, desperately.