News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So what do you want to see for the rest of the season?

Started by JT39, October 02, 2023, 11:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 03, 2023, 01:42:25 PMThen you're suggesting the GM and scouting staff need to be replaced. Both guard spots are a position of NEED. And if the best player in round 2 is a guard - you dont pass one up cause it didnt work out before. Thats foolish.

I am not saying you force the pick, but if the best player available is an OL - we need them, desperately.

No, I am not suggesting the GM who has only had 2 drafts be replaced when the previous guy got 4 drafts producing the worst record in the league over that time.  What I am suggesting is that spending more premium draft picks on the line is not the answer.  Replace guys with other alternatives.  I replace the QB before I do that.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Woody

I want to see a different offensive scheme....seems like, again, the other team seems to know what the Giants going to do before the snap.
Crossing routes that take time and when completed the receiver is tackled immediately.
What about some quick slants or screen passes including TE screens .
Get some imagination into the game.
Also want to see some defensive energy ...better
AST night but the breakdown on 51 yard pass before half was unacceptable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JT39

Well we invested a ton of two IOL who havent done anything this year
We have invested a lot in a corner over the last few years
We have a top 5 and a round 2 edge.
We just invested big time on a QB

Seeing a pattern?

And its very curious you are giving Schoen a pass on the OL, when...

Neal has been a colossal bust so far
He brought in Glowinski who was suppose to be a start and is now 3rd on the depth chart
He drafted JMS (TBD, already hurt)
He drafted Ezedu in the 3rd round who is awful
He drafted McKathean who didnt play last year and has been awful this year.

Why is Schoen given a pass for these decisions?

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 03, 2023, 01:50:37 PMWell we invested a ton of two IOL who havent done anything this year
We have invested a lot in a corner over the last few years
We have a top 5 and a round 2 edge.
We just invested big time on a QB

Seeing a pattern?

And its very curious you are giving Schoen a pass on the OL, when...

Neal has been a colossal bust so far
He brought in Glowinski who was suppose to be a start and is now 3rd on the depth chart
He drafted JMS (TBD, already hurt)
He drafted Ezedu in the 3rd round who is awful
He drafted McKathean who didnt play last year and has been awful this year.

Why is Schoen given a pass for these decisions?

Not giving Schoen a pass.  I am just not firing him after 2 years when Gettleman got four years and lose double digit amount of games every season.  Both Schoen and Daboll get the rest of this season and into next season before I am ready to pull the plug on them.  That doesn't mean they are getting a pass.  It means they are being given more time to get this right.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 01:54:44 PMNot giving Schoen a pass.  I am just not firing him after 2 years when Gettleman got four years and lose double digit amount of games every season.  Both Schoen and Daboll get the rest of this season and into next season before I am ready to pull the plug on them.  That doesn't mean they are getting a pass.  It means they are being given more time to get this right.

Ok, I am sorry. I misunderstood.

But for the record - Gettleman should have been fired after year 2 anyways....lol