News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Objective Positives

Started by Leek21, October 03, 2023, 01:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leek21

It was another brutal game, I fully understand that.  This thread is about some positives and maybe some hope moving forward:

Offense:

1) Wan'Dale Robinson - he was able to get open, had sure hands, and a bit of a spark with the ball in his hands.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and contribute even more.

2) O-line:  Getting Andrew Thomas back will correct the LT position.  The Giants just signed Pugh, at least he is a proven starter in the NFL even if not great.  The loss of JMS at Center hurt, hopefully he rebounds quickly. 
These are all things the Giants can do to improve the O-line. 

3) Saquon Barkley - I never realized how under appreciated he is amongst some Giants fans.  From my perspective he is the best player on the team.  Getting a healthy Barkley back is a huge boost.

4) Now this is the big 'stretch' point I will make - with Thomas and JMS back as well as other adjustments (maybe Pugh, maybe Ezudu at G), the Giants O-line can become adequate.  If it does become adequate it will open up the passing game for Jones who has had no time to throw; and give time for guys like Hyatt to get downfield.

Defense:

1) Thibideaux got 2 sacks, and he had one last game as well.  3 sacks in 2 games. Hope to see him keep improving.

2) Ojualri is back, this definitely helps the pass rush.  It was his first game back, hopefully he keeps getting better.

3) Banks and Hawkins are doing alright.  Banks was beat by Metcalf a few times but he beats most corners, and Hawkins name was rarely called.

4) Defense had little help from the offense, if the offense plays better it will help the defense.

5) I like Okereke, I think he has potential to be a solid MLBer, on the other hand I am not sold on McFadden he makes some good plays but seems to get blocked out easily.  I think using more of Simmons would boost the LBers.

I'm sure there are other positives I am missing.

RelaxTension

Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Leek21

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 03, 2023, 02:37:59 PMGano is a positive.

Good point, and Gilan has been doing a great job punting.  The rest of special teams has much room for improvement.

T200

Simmons makes a difference when he's on the field. He chased down the TE and saved a TD.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: