News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tension between Dabs and Wink?

Started by sooners56, November 26, 2023, 12:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooners56

Jay Glazer reported that there is tension between Daboll and Wink. Anyone have any insight on what this tension stems from? Wink looks to be a goner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

andrew_nyGiants

My conjecture is that Wink impresses me as someone who doesn't hold his tongue.

He is probably in constant conflict with Daboll about the Offense constantly hanging the defense out to dry.

On principle I take Wink over Daboll, the problem is I'm not sure that Wink is HC material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 26, 2023, 01:09:16 PMMy conjecture is that Wink impresses me as someone who doesn't hold his tongue.

He is probably in constant conflict with Daboll about the Offense constantly hanging the defense out to dry.

On principle I take Wink over Daboll, the problem is I'm not sure that Wink is HC material.

Agree.  The O has hung out the D almost every game.  Dabs needs to look inside at his O rather than blame Wink for team's woes.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 26, 2023, 01:09:16 PMMy conjecture is that Wink impresses me as someone who doesn't hold his tongue.

Good post. I agree that Wink is not a guy who holds back what is on his mind. When everything is going well, not only is that not a problem, but people probably find it endearing.

When things aren't going well, it's going to come off as undermining. He had a falling out with Harbaugh the second they had a rough season there, and I guess it has happened here too.

GeauxJints

I think that's just the media creating narratives. Clickbait stuff

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 01:24:30 PMI think that's just the media creating narratives. Clickbait stuff

Well that wasn't the case with him and Harbaugh in Baltimore. The second that team started losing they couldn't stand each other.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 01:24:30 PMI think that's just the media creating narratives. Clickbait stuff
It was on the live Fox Pre Game show.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jersey Heel

Glazer is usually correct in his reporting. I don't think he'd just make this up.

ozzie

Quote from: Jersey Heel on November 26, 2023, 01:53:09 PMGlazer is usually correct in his reporting. I don't think he'd just make this up.
Yeah, he's no Carissa Thompson!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

GeauxJints

Dabes just addressed it postgame. It's fake

killarich

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 04:28:32 PMDabes just addressed it postgame. It's fake

What was asked? What did he say ?

GeauxJints

Quote from: killarich on November 26, 2023, 04:36:25 PMWhat was asked? What did he say ?

Reporter said what do you make of the reports about tension between you and Wink. Dabes said the only thing we ever argue about is who gets the last slice of pizza lol.

coggs

Quote from: Philosophers on November 26, 2023, 01:17:29 PMAgree.  The O has hung out the D almost every game.  Dabs needs to look inside at his O rather than blame Wink for team's woes.
The D has gotten their ass kicked against every good team they have played except for Buffalo. 

GeauxJints

Dabes just gave Wink the game ball also FYI.