News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do you think Daboll has put himself over the team vis a vis Tyrod

Started by BluesCruz, December 28, 2023, 09:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shouldnt we be developing DeVito and exploring his potential

Yes Daboll is concerned about his job thus playing Taylor
6 (12.8%)
No Daboll feels there is plenty of time to develop DeVito
2 (4.3%)
As a fan I personally would prefer build for the future
8 (17%)
Maybe Daboll and Schoen decided to keep Tyrod and ditch Jones
1 (2.1%)
Daboll's job is to put the team in the best position to win games.
30 (63.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: January 11, 2024, 09:02:27 AM

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 28, 2023, 05:13:08 PMBoy you really hate this kid....nice

So anyone who thinks DeVito isn't going to be a full time NFL starter "hates" him?

:what:

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 28, 2023, 05:21:32 PMSo anyone who thinks DeVito isn't going to be a full time NFL starter "hates" him?

:what:

sorry over reaction

my bad

I think tommy has a future, lets see how things go
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

madbadger

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 28, 2023, 04:45:45 PMFunny the company line 1 month ago was why are we playing DeVito
We need to lose 5 for the "Gipper" and draft some not NFL tested QB project...cant have it both ways

We know what TT can do
Id give each of them a game or a half a piece

As a fan I want the best possible draft pick. As the head coach he is coaching for his job. Both can be true at the same time.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on December 28, 2023, 06:22:23 PMAs a fan I want the best possible draft pick. As the head coach he is coaching for his job. Both can be true at the same time.

I am with you in terms of the point you are making, but are you of the opinion that Daboll is at even a very small risk of losing his job after this season ? Or did you just mean that it is his job to try to win ?

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 28, 2023, 06:25:07 PMI am with you in terms of the point you are making, but are you of the opinion that Daboll is at even a very small risk of losing his job after this season ? Or did you just mean that it is his job to try to win ?

If you were making millions each year and could be fired at any time would you do everything humanly possible with your job to earn as much goodwill from your boss. If I'm Mara I'd be furious if he rolled over and played dead. That difference could mean the difference between lasting three years or getting a fourth to prove your self.

LennG

I think we all can say Tyrod is a better QB than Tommy, but do we really know what we have in Tommy? Sure he is raw and with a year or two of experience, he might be much better than he is now. With Tyrod we know exactly what we have, he isn't going to get better.

As the OP said, if Daboll wants to win football games he goes with the better QB, but I sure aren't ready to dump Tommy until he gains much-needed experience and then sees what he can do.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on December 28, 2023, 07:02:56 PMI think we all can say Tyrod is a better QB than Tommy, but do we really know what we have in Tommy? Sure he is raw and with a year or two of experience, he might be much better than he is now. With Tyrod we know exactly what we have, he isn't going to get better.

As the OP said, if Daboll wants to win football games he goes with the better QB, but I sure aren't ready to dump Tommy until he gains much-needed experience and then sees what he can do.

What do you suggest they do with Tommy though if they draft a QB in the first round? Seeing that they have no way of getting rid of Jones in 2024, are you in favor of using three roster spots on the QB position?

coggs

Coach's job is to put the best team possible on the field.  DeVito sucks.  Tyrod sucks a little less.

Giant Obsession

Hands down Tyrod is one of the WORST intermediate passers I have had the displeasure to watch.  And that goes back to his overhyped Va Tech days.

With his NFL knowledge and experience he is a journeyman backup QB and there ain't no upside except for frustration when he plays in semi meaningful games.

Subtract his gimme 70 yard TD pass to Slayton his game stats were worse than Touchdown Tommy.  The last play of game pass .... ugh.

But he was a spark.....helping the Special Teams to recover the 2nd half kickoff and influencing the Jets WR to fall down and allow us to gather a pick 6 to put us back in the game.

If Dabs made the decision to pull Tommy because he feared losing the locker room, that alone tells me we need to start looking for a real HC.  Just another dubious decision to pile on his resume this season.  The man has gotten a lot of mileage out of a 2 point conversion decision 30 some games ago.

And if you want to use the excuse "growing pains" for Dabs, well then why does that not apply to his QB  ???

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Painter

If I thought it worth saying once, why not repeat it.

The nature of the situation, characters, and events created what is sometimes referred to as a human-interest story. Given how short is the usual span of human interest of both local media and principally that of broadly disillusioned Giants fans, time would appear to have expired on the Tommy DeVito show.

Is there really more to it than that, some larger point about which a consensus needs to be developed? Are there not far more pressing issues facing the team, its owners, management and staff, and yes, even us?

Cheers!

BluesCruz

Quote from: Painter on December 28, 2023, 08:52:45 PMIf I thought it worth saying once, why not repeat it.

The nature of the situation, characters, and events created what is sometimes referred to as a human-interest story. Given how short is the usual span of human interest of both local media and principally that of broadly disillusioned Giants fans, time would appear to have expired on the Tommy DeVito show.

Is there really more to it than that, some larger point about which a consensus needs to be developed? Are there not far more pressing issues facing the team, its owners, management and staff, and yes, even us?

Cheers!

We are a pressing issue?  LOL Ok

Dabs got the spark he was looking for
It came from the defense but whos counting

I'll say this  Tyrod is very adept at escaping the pocket
very very quick and decisive

I think however Tommy handled the 2 minute drill much better than Tyrod

The same guy who gift wrapped a victory to the Bills with seconds remaining

The toss to Waller was dumb and not instructing Waller beforehand to pop right up in a "clock" situation was not good either

It seems Tyrod just cannot be trusted in the 2 minute drill situations
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Messiah717

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 29, 2023, 02:45:05 AMWe are a pressing issue?  LOL Ok

It came from the defense but whos counting

The toss to Waller was dumb and not instructing Waller beforehand to pop right up in a "clock" situation was not good either

How did he handle the other 28 minutes?

Tommy's a good kid. He hasn't shown that he's a consistent starter. It didn't take long for teams to figure him out. He's got a limited skillset and he was exposed. He actually looked worse than Jones and that's why he got pulled. The game is too fast for him right now.

I get that you like him but trying to prop him up to be better than what he is is just asking everyone to trust YOUR eyes and not our own. Not gonna happen. And it has nothing to do with hating the kid.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 29, 2023, 02:45:05 AMWe are a pressing issue?  LOL Ok

It came from the defense
but whos counting

Are you talking about the 2nd Commanders game and Patriots game?