News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: What food and/or snacks will everyone be enjoying for the Superbowl?

Started by Sem, February 10, 2024, 11:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

I always enjoy reading about all the food members enjoy while watching the big game.

Me? I'll be slow-roasting a pork shoulder today for pulled pork sliders on game day. I also have a bag of raw shrimp that I'll do something with, and probably make up a veggie/dip, and of course some chips and pretzels. My wife will be making a raspberry/rhubarb pie. I also have plenty of homebrew ready as I currently have four beers on tap.

So what are you all serving up?

DaveBrown74

Not doing any cooking this year. We have a very good BBQ place in our rough neighborhood that I've already placed an order at and will pick up the food tomorrow. Baby back ribs, wings/drumsticks, sausage, mac+cheese, slaw, pickled vegetables, roasted brussels sprouts. We'll eat at halftime.

Snacks will be pretty basic. Crudites, mixed nuts, chips/guac type stuff.

Won't be an aggressive drinking night for us but I'll have beer and wine available for the small group we have.

uconnjack8

Made some guac, have shrimp cocktail, grilling NY Strip later and making some wings.

Have cabernet sauvignon and Dogfish Head 90 minute to drink

TDToomer

Pregame - Guac and chips, Pigs & Blankets, mini Quiches
Game time - 5 Spice Chicken Wings and Sriracha Chicken Wings from the air fryer and Baked Ziti
Drinks - Hopeless Romantic DIPA from Long Live Beerworks and whatever red wine my sister in law brings. Maybe a scotch later in the game. :drunk:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

How does it work with dinner for you guys? Does everyone just kind of get a plate anytime they want, or does everyone kind of sit down and eat during halftime?

I'll be doing the latter seeing that I have basically zero interest in watching Usher perform.

brownelvis54

Today I'm going to get a pizza and stop it Popeyes and get some fried chicken to go with it. Yeah I get it that's not very healthy but it's the Super Bowl and I'll probably be drinking beer as well.
The KING is in the building

JT39

Nothing. A battle of cancer/colitis with chemo tomorrow means no food for me.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on February 11, 2024, 01:36:29 PMNothing. A battle of cancer/colitis with chemo tomorrow means no food for me.

Godspeed.

I hope you're able to enjoy to at least somewhat enjoy the game.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 11, 2024, 01:30:02 PMHow does it work with dinner for you guys? Does everyone just kind of get a plate anytime they want, or does everyone kind of sit down and eat during halftime?

I'll be doing the latter seeing that I have basically zero interest in watching Usher perform.

I want all food out before kickoff and it takes till like 6:35 to finally kick off this works out every year. I can't wait till 8 to eat.  There's always more food we can put out at halftime.

Anyone else rewatch Giants SB games in Super Sunday? I watched the most recent game vs the Patriots in 2012 and now I am watching the 2nd SB game vs the Bills.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

brownelvis54

Quote from: JT39 on February 11, 2024, 01:36:29 PMNothing. A battle of cancer/colitis with chemo tomorrow means no food for me.

I am very sorry you and your family are going through this. I hope the chemo kills the cancer. God bless
The KING is in the building

MagicRat

All good thoughts Bud.
Hang tough.
Smell my cheese you mother!

JT39

Thanks everyone. Small obstacles in life make you stronger. Luckily my family is having like ramen noodles and salad haha!

MagicRat

Anyway, here in Scotland kick off is 1130 so it's nibbles primarily this late.
In the UK sports food is primarily savoury pies, a couple will go in the oven end of Q1 for half time.

MagicRat

Quote from: JT39 on February 11, 2024, 05:34:47 PMThanks everyone. Small obstacles in life make you stronger. Luckily my family is having like ramen noodles and salad haha!
Sounds healthy.