News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A Trip Down Big Blue Memory Lane

Started by MightyGiants, February 14, 2024, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Since we are going down Memory Lane and some of these clips are just great, I thought many would love to relive the final 2 minutes of Super Bowl 42.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on March 05, 2024, 02:14:16 PMZeke Mowatt caught the pass that recorded our first TD in a Super Bowl.

I still remember Zeke tearing his ACL and not being happy because he was one of my favorite players.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I'm surprised we even bothered to show up

Charlie Weiss

LennG

New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor playing against the Philadelphia Eagles in week 10 of the 1986 season. Prior to the game rumors circulated that Buddy Ryan had placed a bounty on Lawrence Taylor. Just 4 weeks earlier Taylor had shutdown the Eagles offense, recording 4 sacks, 7 QB hits and 11 tackles en route to a 35-3 Giants win.
Buddy was out for revenge.
He wouldn't get it.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on March 05, 2024, 04:15:20 PMNew York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor playing against the Philadelphia Eagles in week 10 of the 1986 season. Prior to the game rumors circulated that Buddy Ryan had placed a bounty on Lawrence Taylor. Just 4 weeks earlier Taylor had shutdown the Eagles offense, recording 4 sacks, 7 QB hits and 11 tackles en route to a 35-3 Giants win.
Buddy was out for revenge.
He wouldn't get it.

Different times!    I remember the Eagles' defenders turning QBs as they landed on them so the QB would slam their arm/shoulder into the turf
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: LennG on March 05, 2024, 04:07:45 PMI'm surprised we even bothered to show up

The post game show was the most unprofessional thing I have witnessed on a NFL broadcast*. They had almost nothing to say and were so silent that the mics picked up the sound of papers being shuffled as if it was a WWF show that went off script. It was like the had to ditch the Cowboys victory teleprompters and couldn't ad-lib to praise what the Giants did.

* Until 2 months ago when Jimmy Johnson disregarded that he was on an un-biased national broadcast and screamed into the camera at the Cowboys like he was still their Head Coach after 30 years.  :boooo:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

LennG

I understand times have changed, but after watching 1/2 an hour of great clips, I noticed one thing, LT never did a sack dance, never mugged for the camera, never even did anything to bring any attention to himself over the team. Every once in a while he pointed. but even that was few and far between. Let's leave it at that.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

Quote from: LennG on March 06, 2024, 03:18:56 PMI understand times have changed, but after watching 1/2 an hour of great clips, I noticed one thing, LT never did a sack dance, never mugged for the camera, never even did anything to bring any attention to himself over the team. Every once in a while he pointed. but even that was few and far between. Let's leave it at that.

I watched all the clips before posting them. What I found remarkable was LT's intercept/closing speed in pursuit of QB/ball carrier.