News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

WR Mike Evans re-signs with Bucs. Reported that Giants had interest

Started by MightyGiants, March 04, 2024, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 04, 2024, 02:34:55 PMWhat if it's Alt vs Nabers?
Nabers because there are a couple of RT's and Guards down the line that the Giants can pick and do well with. The difference however in the ability of Nabers and Odunze to the second round group is larger than the dropoff in the O-linemen, imo.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

If the report referred to in the title of this thread is correct, we just caught a huge break.

Evan was exactly the type of player we need FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS but not today.

He was in the top ten of free agents I was worried the Giants might sign.  That, IMO, would have been one of the worst possible moves they could make this off-season. 

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 05, 2024, 07:57:53 AMIf the report referred to in the title of this thread is correct, we just caught a huge break.

Evan was exactly the type of player we need FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS but not today.

He was in the top ten of free agents I was worried the Giants might sign.  That, IMO, would have been one of the worst possible moves they could make this off-season. 

Bob

I don't know, Bob. He's showing no signs of slowing down or any serious injuries to be concerned about. He's never put up fewer than 1,000 yards receiving and has 94 TDs since entering the league in '14. And it's not all down to who's he's QB - the vast majority of his time he had Baker and Winston tossing him the ball.

I certainly wouldn't have been disappointed if the Giants signed him.

Alas, it matters not.