News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Round one non-Giants draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

TONKA56

killarich

H-Town G-Fan

katkavage

See you here next year. Same situation. Looking for a QB.

Just_jimmy

Nabers it is.

Brilliant... hopefully he can throw it and catch it.

Next years QB class is poor.

At least we won three pointless games last year right...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 08:50:21 PMHe didn't fall on their lap ... he wasn't even expected to be considered this high until very recent.... and that is most likely because of teams with QB needs .. not because he is on the level on the top 3 qbs already picked
A ton of people like Mccarthy more than Maye. McCarthy has been a top 10 prospect for 2-3 months. Jayden Daniels was a 7th rd pick to start 2023.

Trench

Ok - to all the Jones or bust guys - can we all finally agree "Daniel Jones has plenty of weapons?"!!!!!!

katkavage

Again NFC East
Dak
Hurts
Daniels
Lock/Jones/DeVito

killarich

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 08:54:40 PMA ton of people like Mccarthy more than Maye. McCarthy has been a top 10 prospect for 2-3 months. Jayden Daniels was a 7th rd pick to start 2023.

JJ was never once considered on the level of the other three

Look at his stats from early NOvember to the championship game .... not good at all

Look I wanted a QB but not JJ

Their is a reason going into the championship game Michigan was a clear favorite.... but the reason people thought Washington had a chance was because at the time people clearly saw Penix as the BETTER QB

Picking Nabers was by far the best pick Joe could have done considering who was already taken before him

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 08:54:40 PMA ton of people like Mccarthy more than Maye. McCarthy has been a top 10 prospect for 2-3 months. Jayden Daniels was a 7th rd pick to start 2023.

To the extent you are correct, especially about Daniels, it kind of makes nonsense of the argument that next year's QB class is poor.  A year in college ball can change things widely.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

madbadger

Quote from: katkavage on April 25, 2024, 08:53:57 PMSee you here next year. Same situation. Looking for a QB.

If you're going to take a quarterback early you risk ruining him if you don't have supporting talent around him. They need to come out of this draft with a quality guard and running back and then go all in on a quarterback next year.

killarich

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 08:59:20 PMTo the extent you are correct, especially about Daniels, it kind of makes nonsense of the argument that next year's QB class is poor.  A year in college ball can change things widely.

This is an excellent point

Peoples thoughts on a QB can change in as quickly as one single month

If one of these top QBs of this WEAK QB class has a great season it all of a sudden does not look so weak anymore

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 08:55:22 PMOk - to all the Jones or bust guys - can we all finally agree "Daniel Jones has plenty of weapons?"!!!!!!

We don't know anything until we see if the OL improves or Lucy pulls the ball away yet again.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

katkavage

Quote from: madbadger on April 25, 2024, 08:59:50 PMIf you're going to take a quarterback early you risk ruining him if you don't have supporting talent around him. They need to come out of this draft with a quality guard and running back and then go all in on a quarterback next year.
They will be right there drafting high up again next year.