News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In round 5 the Giants draft RB Tyrone Tracy

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

spiderblue43

New kickoff rule has everything to do here with Tracy. He seems like an out-of-the box kc guy. I assume some teams will simply blast the ball anyway to the 35, if they can.

But unpredictable I welcome with staid offense.

Ed Vette

Good pick to backup Singletary and can learn behind him. He can return kicks, catch out of the backfield or out of the slot.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Love the emotion and passion of these kids.

Tracy's highlight video reminds me a bit of Ahmad Bradshaw

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 27, 2024, 05:57:24 PMhttps://x.com/giants/status/1784337003368092036?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

Makes me emotional to watch things like this...I couldn't be happier for the kid. He got his chance of a lifetime, and it's setting in
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Q. Where does Tyrone Tracy in that kind of mold? He's going to be 25.

BRIAN DABOLL: Some of these guys are older, too, relative to what people have been through the past few years, I would say, COVID and all those other things. Some guys are a little bit older. He's a former receiver. In terms of yards per carry, he's been pretty good. He's an athlete who has played receiver and then played running back and has some good production. We'll throw him in the mix. Whether that's in the kickoff return game or whether that's at running back or the receiving part of it, we've got to do a good job of getting him in here and seeing where he's at and then trying to fit him into the things that he can do well.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'm actually mildly warming up to this pick a little. I'm not going to make any predictions on this guy, but I kind of like the unconventional storyline and am wondering if that scared teams off and possibly led to him being a bit undervalued. The inexperience at RB coupled with him being 24 is not a very palatable headline. This guy does seem to be legitimately talented though, which is the most important thing by far. I don't see him being a star or anything, but as a best case scenario maybe he could end up being one of these jack-of-all trades/master-of-none types like a Cordarelle Patterson. Guys like that can play until they're older than most conventional, between-the-tackles, 250 carries type backs. It might have been a pretty nice pick for where we got him. Let's see.

bamagiantfan

I think the starting RB position is wide open. Gray is probably pushing Singletary for the starting spot. Singletary, like Hodgins and Isiah McKenzie, are here because Daboll knows what these former Buffalo players can do. He is a placeholder who got a ton of work in Houston last season after Pierce was ineffective. The Giants have already cut Corbin twice, Miller is a project, Deon Jackson is a good receiver who showed he can start in a pinch, and I'm not sure why Brightwell is still here. I think there is space for Tracy to get some touches in the backfield as he develops. He can help on Special teams but I don't believe that is why he was drafted.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Uncle Mickey

my favorite advanced analytics breakdown of Tyrone

Jclayton92

Quote from: bamagiantfan on April 27, 2024, 10:44:18 PMI think the starting RB position is wide open. Gray is probably pushing Singletary for the starting spot. Singletary, like Hodgins and Isiah McKenzie, are here because Daboll knows what these former Buffalo players can do. He is a placeholder who got a ton of work in Houston last season after Pierce was ineffective. The Giants have already cut Corbin twice, Miller is a project, Deon Jackson is a good receiver who showed he can start in a pinch, and I'm not sure why Brightwell is still here. I think there is space for Tracy to get some touches in the backfield as he develops. He can help on Special teams but I don't believe that is why he was drafted.
I think Tracy immediately makes Brightwell expendable.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 27, 2024, 03:49:01 PMIn the 5th round you are looking for intangibles or a player you can plug in that does 1 thing really well. KR/PR has been horrible for multiple years now and now that is probably solved.

Could be an interesting competition between Tracy and the kid Milller for the ST slot. If nothing else we're assured of more speed in camp
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"