News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uni

The Giants take Jerrel Jernigan, the Eagles take Jaiquawn Jarrett, and the Redkins take Jarvis Jenkins. Weird, huh?

worf49

madbadger  when, where and what David Tyree (drug dealing), I was not aware!

worf49

vette  JR and the rest of The Giant brain trust have been incessant about the need to get faster.  I have a feeling they know exactly what they are doing and so far all indications are we have very good potential with our first 3 picks.

BlueMoshik

As of 1979 and until he died, Welly Mara had nothing to do with who the Giants drafted.

BlueMoshik

Quote from: T200 on April 29, 2011, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: vette on April 29, 2011, 10:36:16 PM
Jernigan could bring Wildcat to Giants
BY HANK GOLA
At 5-8, 181, third round pick Jerrel Jernigan is going to have to make it on speed and quickness, which he has in abundance. A high school quarterback, Jernigancan thrown the option pass, run it and catch it. He'll also be tried as a return man.
If he works out, you could see the Wildcat in the game plan.

MarvelousMike

Madbager - Are you going to tell me that you made no mistakes or made any poor decisions when you were in your early 20's?? He got involved with an agent and paid for it by missing a year of college football. Thus, according to you he has character issues.  /???

terrymeisner

dasher

gregf

Does this pick alleviate the need to draft a 3rd down scat back?  Perhaps this type of player can loosen the box on 3rd and short with the threat of his speed and shiftiness.

jimmyz

Personally I prefer my 3-technique tackles to be pot smokers.  worked out well for Warren Sapp.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

jimmyz

greg, the videos I've seen of him show him lined up in the backfield often.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

NYSPORTS

Just resign Cofield.  This kid is a rookie and hasn't played in over a year. 

ELCHALJE

Can't understand why you all are so down on Will Allen.  Did you forget the time we were playing Minnesota And Culpepper threw a pass at Will's man.  Will turned around and saw a hard thrown football headed right for his chest.  He put his hands up to protect himself from the ball, but the ball hit him in the chest.  Trying to fight the ball off, it got stuck in his hands.  His only pick, as I remember.

bamagiantfan

Quote from: jimmyz on April 30, 2011, 11:06:59 AM
greg, the videos I've seen of him show him lined up in the backfield often.

He's Cam Newton's mini-me.

Coaches are just trying to get the ball in his hands, that's all.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

gregf

Thanks Bama! Its great to get feedback from those of you who follow college. Hopefully when can see him in mini camps soon if the lockout ends.