News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day two draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2024, 07:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut, GloryDays and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Nubin was an excellent pick; probably the best and most versatile Safety in the Draft. Phillips is another Grade A pick at CB either inside or outside. 3 picks, 3 A grades. Well Done!

Cheers!

Philosophers

I think we lost our shot at the best Day 1 starting Guards.  Zinter was the last.  My guess is they like their FA signings.

Looks like DT and RB are their holes they may focus on.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Philosophers on April 26, 2024, 10:48:40 PMI think we lost our shot at the best Day 1 starting Guards.  Zinter was the last.  My guess is they like their FA signings.

Looks like DT and RB are their holes they may focus on.

I think they might be looking at TEs. They brought in Theo Johnson (the only TE) for a visit. They also brought in RB Trey Benson (the only RB), but he's gone. DT's have been picked clean except for Gabe Hall. We're on the clock tomorrow with the 6th pick, I expect it could be TE Theo Johnson or TE Cade Stover, DT3 Gabe Hall, or maybe one of the RBs Jaylen Wright, Braelen Allen, or Ray Davis  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

So do folks here like the 2nd and 3rd round picks?

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 12:05:39 AMI think they might be looking at TEs. They brought in Theo Johnson (the only TE) for a visit. They also brought in RB Trey Benson (the only RB), but he's gone. DT's have been picked clean except for Gabe Hall. We're on the clock tomorrow with the 6th pick, I expect it could be TE Theo Johnson or TE Cade Stover, DT3 Gabe Hall, or maybe one of the RBs Jaylen Wright, Braelen Allen, or Ray Davis  :-??

Yeah that's a good point about DTs being picked clean.  Hope it's a very athletic TE so not Cade Stover.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 12:14:56 AMYeah that's a good point about DTs being picked clean.  Hope it's a very athletic TE so not Cade Stover.

Cade Stover had the highest pass block rating of any TE in college...basically an extra offensive lineman. But we picked up two "block only" type TEs in FA, so probably won't happen. I think they like Theo, but your guess is as good as mine. Personally, if there is a RB they really like, they probably ought to get him because he won't be there in round 5...most likely

Jolly Blue Giant

Personally, I'd be pretty happy with DT Mekki Wingo. He's undersized for DT3, but he's a ball of muscle who plays like the cartoon character, the Tasmanian Devil

Surprised CB TJ Tampa is still on the board...go figure  :-??

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 12:18:17 AMCade Stover had the highest pass block rating of any TE in college...basically an extra offensive lineman. But we picked up two "block only" type TEs in FA, so probably won't happen. I think they like Theo, but your guess is as good as mine. Personally, if there is a RB they really like, they probably ought to get him because he won't be there in round 5...most likely

I want more of an Isaiah Likely.

Jaylen Wright would be someone I'd like.