News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The 2024 Offense without a player for defenses to key…

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 22, 2024, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

I don't know if there is anything particularly useful in how we choose to address what seems to be a question. And if so, what effect the loss of Saquon Barkley in FA now may have on the Giants Offense overall?

As we know, there is a characterization of Barkley as a so called, "boom or bust" runner which suggests that his yards per attempt average, and per game rushing yardage totals reflects an imbalance between the rushes that have gone for zero yards or less and those which netted 10 or more yards- and especially those we might label as more "explosive"-and thus inflate or distort the "averages

You can decide for yourself just how significant that may be, but either way, it's quite clear that the Giants Offense has been notably more productive (PF, Yds) in the 74 games that Barkley has played than in the 24 which he has not. But then, 34-64-1 in 6 seasons is hardly compelling in any sense. 

Except for whom we expect will be the starting QB, we can only guess what the Giants post-FA/Draft, 2024 Offense may look like, and whether it will be any better or worse than it has been, or whomever might compel a Defense to key on.

Cheers!

Philosophers

Drafting Malik Nabers will not solve iur skill position shortage.  It will help for sure but the Giants need more.  Hyatt has to really develop.  Robinson must as well.  Eric Gray either needs to become a beast or they need to find a RB that does.

LennG

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 22, 2024, 08:07:36 AMSay what you want about Saquon....when he was in the line-up the offense had a chance to be functional. When he was out....it was UGLY.

I'm not complaining about not signing him, I understand the reasoning. I'm also hopeful about the OL specifically the new OL Coach.

HOWEVER: How do you solve having no offensive threat for defenses to worry about. We don't have a QB on the roster who can carry an offense. The best protection for a pedestrian QB has always been a dynamic running back who could run, block, and catch.

Are you as concerned as I am that (unbelievably) the offense can actually take a step back from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crafting a QB who can throw the ball down the field will also solve a lot of our offensive woes. Yes, having a good WR will help but not if our QB won't get the ball to them.
Draft a QB who can get the defense off the LOS and we will have a decent enough offense without anyone scaring the defense.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss