News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I saw this Tweet by the Giants and I thought my dream had come true

Started by MightyGiants, May 06, 2024, 01:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

BUT nope, he is not retiring, just speaking a college's graduation

:boooo:  :computer:  :angryfire:  :banghead:  :(  :hurt:  :surrender:

https://x.com/Giants/status/1787506356649443601
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Painter

You may have to retire whenever he does, Rich. You won't have anyone else left to blame, or you may just have to abandon the habit.  :hmm:

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Another conspiracy theory. You know what they say about conspiracy theories.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Uncle Mickey

LOL, at least Aaron Wellman is back. He was a low-key big loss to the S&C staff.

On another note, I like how our overall staff is shaping up with just two kind of unknowns in Bowen and Ghobriel TBD starting this year.

The offense especially seems to have every critical component in place now (at least in theory) from coaches to talent in the key areas for the QB to have the tools to sink or swim.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Uncle Mickey on May 06, 2024, 01:55:34 PMLOL, at least Aaron Wellman is back. He was a low-key big loss to the S&C staff.

On another note, I like how our overall staff is shaping up with just two kind of unknowns in Bowen and Ghobriel TBD starting this year.

The offense especially seems to have every critical component in place now (at least in theory) from coaches to talent in the key areas for the QB to have the tools to sink or swim.

Yeah, I like what Wellman did when he was with the Giants.  Hopefully, he can recreate his magic.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on May 06, 2024, 01:45:35 PMYou may have to retire whenever he does, Rich. You won't have anyone else left to blame, or you may just have to abandon the habit.  :hmm:

Cheers!

I don't think I would characterize holding the man with the Senior VP of Medical Services and Head Trainer title accountable for over a decade of the team being  near the top of the league in lost man-hours due to injury as "blaming".  I would characterize it as "holding accountable"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Is it common for teams to have someone as Head of Medical Services who isn't an M.D.?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 06, 2024, 03:59:24 PMIs it common for teams to have someone as Head of Medical Services who isn't an M.D.?

I checked a handful of teams.   I couldn't find another team with the same title.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE