News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

2024 Strategy

Started by katkavage, February 18, 2024, 11:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

My advice, I know is worth nothing to the Giants and their brass. And it probably is worth nothing to all of you too. But I'm offering it anyway whether you like it or not.

The Giants should approach the upcoming season as they should have approached, and did in a way, the 2022 season. No expectations beyond getting better as a team. Now, after the aberration of 2022, they are set back a couple of years and because of that the coach and GM are on thinner ice. This will influence their decision-making. Daniel Jones, as Schoen has stated (and due to his contract), is the lead QB, if healthy, going into next season. And I hope he is healthy and plays well. Regardless of that, the Giants should, and I believe they will, draft a QB in the draft as well as add a veteran or re-sign Taylor. Whoever that QB drafted will be, I believe, Schoen will hope to be the future QB of the team. If Jones stays healthy and plays well, he will be a valuable trade asset while the future QB gets time to adjust to the NFL while the team upgrades the line and receivers. The strategy going forward should still be long term even though the leash is getting tighter on the coach and GM. Again, getting a QB in the draft does not preclude upgrading the offensive line, the receivers, and the defense. They all must be addressed but because of where they are in the draft and the number of QBs available, that must be taken care of this year.

Philosophers

My only caveat to your strategy is that they not draft a 4th round development QB who likely is always a backup.  Thatms a waste of a selection for another valuable hole to fill who could start.

If they draft QB, go all in with a 1st round pick.

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on February 18, 2024, 11:39:56 AMMy only caveat to your strategy is that they not draft a 4th round development QB who likely is always a backup.  Thatms a waste of a selection for another valuable hole to fill who could start.

If they draft QB, go all in with a 1st round pick.
I agree. If not 1st one of the top QBs who fall to second round which probably won't happen.