News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

15 Things People Do That Scream ‘I’m Old’

Started by LennG, March 28, 2024, 09:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

I only do 4 or 5 of those. One thing I have never done is the air b&b thing. If it's just my wife and I then I'll book a hotel. In fact we are flying to Charleston SC today and staying in a hotel for a week. I might try a vacation rental if the whole family was going.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Sem

I guess I'm not as old as I thought I was, although I do still carry a wallet.

Jolly Blue Giant

I do many of them!

- You're old if you still use Vitalis hair tonic and use a standard comb to part your hair and give it a wispy wave in the front (assuming you still have hair)...and oh yeah, don't forget to splash on some Old Spice before heading out

- As you age (men, that is), the pants either go up or go down

- Intolerance grows: too hot, too cold, can't those kids be quiet, get off my lawn...

- You're in an elevator, and you hear a song that reminds you of the "good old days"

- Reply to most questions with "what?"

- Take small steps when walking (think Tim Conway and his baby steps)

My old boss once told me a joke (at least I thought it was a joke) that I didn't get, but got a lot of laughs from others around the table...he said, "Last night I called out to my wife, 'Honey, come quick...I have my semi-annual hard-on".
She replied, "don't you mean more like your annual semi-hard-on?"  

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on March 28, 2024, 09:07:19 PMhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/15-things-people-do-that-scream-i-m-old/ss-BB1igSP7?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=0fa6ce382db24d25bd8a16e66f1e700a&ei=20

I know I am old, but this reinforced it. I believe I do at least 12 of these things, AND like that fact.

Lenn: Face it, you're not just old... you're ancient.  =)) 

Luckily, you have a lovely younger wife to look at (instead of a mirror).

Please say hi to her for me.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 29, 2024, 12:46:31 PMLenn: Face it, you're not just old... you're ancient.  =)) 

Luckily, you have a lovely younger wife to look at (instead of a mirror).

Please say hi to her for me.

Bob

She keeps me young (if that is possible).

I will Bob.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 29, 2024, 12:38:59 PMI do many of them!

- You're old if you still use Vitalis hair tonic and use a standard comb to part your hair and give it a wispy wave in the front (assuming you still have hair)...and oh yeah, don't forget to splash on some Old Spice before heading out

- As you age (men, that is), the pants either go up or go down

- Intolerance grows: too hot, too cold, can't those kids be quiet, get off my lawn...

- You're in an elevator, and you hear a song that reminds you of the "good old days"

- Reply to most questions with "what?"

- Take small steps when walking (think Tim Conway and his baby steps)

My old boss once told me a joke (at least I thought it was a joke) that I didn't get, but got a lot of laughs from others around the table...he said, "Last night I called out to my wife, 'Honey, come quick...I have my semi-annual hard-on".
She replied, "don't you mean more like your annual semi-hard-on?"  

I LOVE my Old Spice. Never leave home without it.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

I never went for the Vitalis, I was more of a Brylcream guy. In fact I still use Groom and Clean and I find it harder and harder to find it. I ordered 5 tubes of it on amazon a few months ago as they stopped making the darn thing. Maybe by the time I use them al up, I won't need anything for my diminishing hair. 

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on March 29, 2024, 01:07:09 PMI LOVE my Old Spice. Never leave home without it.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

I never went for the Vitalis, I was more of a Brylcream guy. In fact I still use Groom and Clean and I find it harder and harder to find it. I ordered 5 tubes of it on amazon a few months ago as they stopped making the darn thing. Maybe by the time I use them al up, I won't need anything for my diminishing hair. 

I've heard that "A little dab'll do ya!" LOL
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

Bill Brown

Sadly I have no need for any hair products. 😮�💨

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Sem

Maybe when I was a really young boy my dad put something in my hair, but since then, nothing. Actually I remember him using something like Vitalis, but it was called Hask. I recall liking the smell of it.

*Found an image of it.

MightyGiants

I heard a story on the radio about a library putting in a land line phone for patrons (many came to this library asking to use a phone).   The young people need help using the land line.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 29, 2024, 02:22:18 PMI heard a story on the radio about a library putting in a land line phone for patrons (many came to this library asking to use a phone).   The young people need help using the land line.

Possibly, but I don't see a lot of young people looking to make calls on a land line. Young people would likely also need help flicking on the high beams in my '69 Biscayne, or loading/unloading film in a camera. All for the same reason that I wouldn't know how to hitch up a team of horses to a stage coach.  :-?? 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Sem on March 29, 2024, 02:52:24 PMPossibly, but I don't see a lot of young people looking to make calls on a land line. Young people would likely also need help flicking on the high beams in my '69 Biscayne, or loading/unloading film in a camera. All for the same reason that I wouldn't know how to hitch up a team of horses to a stage coach.  :-?? 

That was why it was there.  They either lost or broke their phone or their battery was dead (perhaps on charger)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I have 7 grandchildren (all but one) in school or already graduated. Not a one of them can read or write in cursive. They can read a little, but get frustrated and don't bother. I tell them they should learn, and they say, "why". I tell them a lot of historical documents are written in cursive, and they tell me that those same documents are already transferred to print-form...duh. My 16-yr-old granddaughter says she has designed a fancy signature, by making a flowery looking "M", followed by a wavy line, and again, another fancy letter for her last name, followed by a fancy tail. However, they can all type at least 60 words a minute on a keyboard or on their phone