News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Three Headed RB

Started by Philosophers, March 27, 2024, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

I must say I liked a 3 RB committee with each offering something different.  Then if one goes down to injury, still have 2 in rotation.

Would we go back to that under Dabs?

What RB type is Eric Gray?

Jclayton92

Corbin, Singletary, and Gray are all 1 cut backs.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 28, 2024, 12:41:29 AMCorbin, Singletary, and Gray are all 1 cut backs.
J: This is not necessarily a bad thing. 

I never completely agreed with the idea Jim Fassel had that two different types of RB's were absolutely necessary (the Giants passed on someone they should have drafted back then because the guy in question was the same type of RB they already had.

The advantage of not having a variety is that the OL can block all running plays the same (and lord knows the Giants' OL, which can't do anything right, needs the maximum amount of reps on just one type of blocking, IMO. My fall-back example is the Vince Lombardi offense, which ran only a small handful of running plays, and practiced them over and over and over, until the OL got so good at running them that the opponent couldn't stop them even if when they knew which play was being run.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!