News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Top Triple Threat Wrs

Started by Jclayton92, June 01, 2024, 06:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-triple-threat-receivers-amon-ra-st-brown-puka-nacua

I found this a fascinating read. I was a huge backer of Wandale Robinson since he was drafted and he can be absolutely lethal.

"Receivers can win in several ways, each with its own set of challenges. Some receivers run masterful routes to create separation, while others use leverage and play strength to win on contested throws or eat up chunk yardage with the ball in their hands.

Doing just one of these at a high level takes incredible skill, but maximizing each approach is a key indicator for potential production. Just six receivers exceeded the threshold in each facet in 2023.

These are the NFL's triple-threat receivers, ranking above the 60th percentile in yards after the catch per reception, contested catch rate and separation rate."

Wandale Robinson placed 5th among all the Wrs in the league. Showing the talent that the staff saw when they drafted him. Now pairing him with Hyatt, and Nabors should make it electric for the Qb.

ralphpal1

This should of exiciting and fun to watch
The Giants should tell D Jones
I want you throwing downfield 5 to 7  times a game
No matter what
There are teams with better WRs
But all 3 ?
Bears
Seahwaks

Philosophers

Many (myself included) questioned WanDale pick in 2nd round.  Saw some bursts this year.  Hope it leads to breakthrough this upcoming season.

Jalin is a mystery.  Great hands in college and explosive vertically yet Giants rarely through to him.  Why?  Proper route running deficiency?  They have to get him way more involved so if he needs to be coached up somehow, please do it.

Nabers was highly productive in college.  Figure out his deficiencies and solve them so he is day 1 ready.

Giants WRs are far from finished product.

Jolly Blue Giant

If any Giants' players get under-appreciated, it's Wan'Dale. Zero media attention (well, until this article), little fanfare, and mostly over-looked. Talk about "flying under the radar". Now, if only our coaches utilized him a little more and schemed around him more, he might be getting the same recognition as Puka Nakua, who was targeted almost a hundred times more than him

Throwing in Nabers, Slayton, and Hyatt and we have some really good options...that is, if the O-line can give our QB time for plays to unfold. And who knows what damage Bellinger and Theo Johnson can do with all the attention given the WRs. Makes me drool just to think of what could be
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Having Slayton back and knowing the offense so well should help with the development of Hyatt, WD and Nabors. Good guy to have in the WR room.

Whether they can utilize them at a high level is a huge if with the OL (especially its depth).

17 game seasons are going to create missed time by at least one starter. Only the Bills kept their entire group together LY. That worries me.