News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How Does everyone feel about DeVito starting next week??

Started by Dumpster Dan, October 29, 2023, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

The quickest way for me to forget today is try to think about next week

So how do all of you who wanted Devito out there feel about him being your starting QB next week

Its time for DJ to put his big boy pants on and get the hell out on the field and show us what he is made of

Those Of you who have clamored for Devito should feel real good about him starting when we have a coach who showed the world that he has no confidence in him

Dumpster Dan

TDToomer

I think Ozzy said it best. Wine is fine but whiskeys quicker. That's how you forget this game.

DeVito cannot start next weekend if Jones or Taylor are out. There are better options on the street and on other teams practice squads. DeVito should never wear a Giants jersey ever again.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

I don't know how anyone can blame the kid for following the play calls of his coordinator.

I can't believe they have a QB on the roster who is not prepared to play. That's on the Coaching staff. I would think he knows the playbook.

Btw, Jones and Taylor both have the wrist band and use it on every play.

If they have no confidence in him, he should not have been the backup. I think we all expected Tyrod might get injured. He's not shown durability.

I don't know and I don't care what they decide. This season is shot. No QB they bring in will do any better than Jones did. Unless they want to pay a Goff.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dumpster Dan

To be clear  I am not blaming DeVito for anything  I just know that there have been posts here talking about DeVito in place of DJ

Dumpster Dan

Ed Vette

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on October 29, 2023, 08:54:51 PMTo be clear  I am not blaming DeVito for anything  I just know that there have been posts here talking about DeVito in place of DJ

Dumpster Dan
I didn't say you did. I read the room too.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Sorry Dan, my anger is carrying over.

They must sign another QB this week. Taylor won't likely play and Jones may not hold up if he does come back. It has to be someone with experience who can step in and play. There are a few options available. And don't be concerned about any QB controversy. They need Cap room so they have to trade by tomorrow. Can they be relieved of the 2024 restructure for Adoree if they trade him? Do they want to restructure Leo? They are in a tough situation, Dan.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

I'd rather they sign a Bryce Perkins who is young, can run, and pass but also actually showed flashes in Ls Angeles as opposed to a Matt Barkley just bc he may remember some of the packages.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2023, 09:18:57 PMI'd rather they sign a Bryce Perkins who is young, can run, and pass but also actually showed flashes in Ls Angeles as opposed to a Matt Barkley just bc he may remember some of the packages.
Colt McCoy or Foles.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Names for DeVito and the offense next week if starting..

Taxi Squad
Single Wings
Aeroflops
Grounders
ThrowBacks
PassOvers

:doh:

jgrangers2

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2023, 09:18:57 PMI'd rather they sign a Bryce Perkins who is young, can run, and pass but also actually showed flashes in Ls Angeles as opposed to a Matt Barkley just bc he may remember some of the packages.

The issue is the guy may need to play almost immediately so knowing the verbiage is probably far more important than upside

uconnjack8

I thought when DJ went down there would be another practice squad QB.

Is Devito being the backup partially cap related?  I would think having the best team possible was the priority but did they try and make a business decision to keep expenditures at a minimum?  Is Devito less money than a Colt McCoy on the roster?

This team has low cap space and they are at a point where they are having to IR guys just to be able to have enough healthy bodies to dress the full amount.   

How many snaps has Devito had with the 1st team?

Is that why the kicker wasnt replaced?

files58

The real issue is why does this thread even exist?  :o  :( We're talking about Tommy effing DeVito at QB and we've only reached the half way point in the season. It's not like it's week 13 or 14 where holiday season mitigates the level of agida. Then again we were 1 second, 1 fu%n second from beating the jets with a High School QB. Isn't that an accomplishment?  ;)  /sarcasm/  :greetings:  ~X(  :confused:  :crazy:  :suspious:  :what:  :boooo:

madbadger

Not very good. Despite the fact that he spent the pre season with the team and has been back for a couple weeks Daboll had such little faith in him that he took the ball out of his hands. Our cap situation is so bad I don't know what we can realistically do to shore up the position. It's quite literally the doomsday scenario for this season.

Jclayton92

Quote from: jgrangers2 on October 29, 2023, 09:38:51 PMThe issue is the guy may need to play almost immediately so knowing the verbiage is probably far more important than upside
Bryce has worked out for us already as well as being in camp this summer for a short period.

Dgoodmantrublu

You want a guy to play with a serious neck injury? Are you for real.

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on October 29, 2023, 08:09:17 PMThe quickest way for me to forget today is try to think about next week

So how do all of you who wanted Devito out there feel about him being your starting QB next week

Its time for DJ to put his big boy pants on and get the hell out on the field and show us what he is made of

Those Of you who have clamored for Devito should feel real good about him starting when we have a coach who showed the world that he has no confidence in him

Dumpster Dan