News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Connor Hughs- Volatility issues cost Brian Daboll previous coaching jobs

Started by MightyGiants, January 27, 2024, 07:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on January 28, 2024, 10:47:49 PMWho wins year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year...  Stop embarrassing yourself.
Which serves to prove that you can be older and win year after year after year.

I have to say you're very acidic in your replies to folks with whom you don't agree.

Additionally your ageism is very offensive. I work with very effective leaders well into their 70's...I myself lead a team of 40 and I'm in my 60's.

Your preference is young up and comers and that's fine. But proclaiming that NFL coaching is "a young man's game" is very prejudice and not necessarily factual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

TDToomer

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 29, 2024, 07:24:46 AMWhich serves to prove that you can be older and win year after year after year.

I have to say you're very acidic in your replies to folks with whom you don't agree.

Additionally your ageism is very offensive. I work with very effective leaders well into their 70's...I myself lead a team of 40 and I'm in my 60's.

Your preference is young up and comers and that's fine. But proclaiming that NFL coaching is "a young man's game" is very prejudice and not necessarily factual.

Corporate jobs are different. Normal hours. Comfortable and professional environment. Not judged every day by drunken fans and whacked out shock radio jocks. You can work till you are 70 in this career path if you chose but most retire by 65. Being an NFL head coach is not easy when you are on the wrong side of 70. I used the Dusty Baker comparison where he won a World Series at 72 and just retired at 74. Managing a baseball team is not nearly as intense as being head coach a pro football team.

This has nothing to do with ageism. It's about reality. Hence why no one wants Belichick and his reputation has taken a hit since his teams have gotten worse since Brady left.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Doc16LT56

I believe Coughlin is consulting for Antonio Pierce and the Raiders. I think the scope will be limited to assembling the coaching staff but not sure about that.

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on January 29, 2024, 09:03:45 AMCorporate jobs are different. Normal hours. Comfortable and professional environment. Not judged every day by drunken fans and whacked out shock radio jocks. You can work till you are 70 in this career path if you chose but most retire by 65. Being an NFL head coach is not easy when you are on the wrong side of 70. I used the Dusty Baker comparison where he won a World Series at 72 and just retired at 74. Managing a baseball team is not nearly as intense as being head coach a pro football team.

This has nothing to do with ageism. It's about reality. Hence why no one wants Belichick and his reputation has taken a hit since his teams have gotten worse since Brady left.

We have absolutely no idea whether or not if baseball managers have a more intense situation than football coaches. All we can do is speculate.

Baseball has 162 high pressure games per year, more frequent injuries to manage in terms of the amount of moves, and much more travel and family upheaval. Billy Martin for instance was the picture of high stress. Jim Leyland and Earl Weaver also. Even Buck Showalter seemed extremely fatigued last season.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on January 29, 2024, 09:03:45 AMCorporate jobs are different. Normal hours. Comfortable and professional environment. Not judged every day by drunken fans and whacked out shock radio jocks. You can work till you are 70 in this career path if you chose but most retire by 65. Being an NFL head coach is not easy when you are on the wrong side of 70. I used the Dusty Baker comparison where he won a World Series at 72 and just retired at 74. Managing a baseball team is not nearly as intense as being head coach a pro football team.

So you are summarily going to broad-stroke corporate jobs to suit your narrative now?

You have no idea how many hours I or my colleagues work nor the environ in which we do the same. I am on trains and cars throughout the tri-state every day and my average work week is 55+ hours (not including when I'm on call.

You can deny ageism all you want...it's in writing so good luck with that.

By the way who are you voting for in the next Presidential election? 

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

uconnjack8

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 29, 2024, 11:08:23 AMSo you are summarily going to broad-stroke corporate jobs to suit your narrative now?

You have no idea how many hours I or my colleagues work nor the environ in which we do the same. I am on trains and cars throughout the tri-state every day and my average work week is 55+ hours (not including when I'm on call.

Why go there?  Lets just try and keep it to football.

TDToomer

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 29, 2024, 11:08:23 AMSo you are summarily going to broad-stroke corporate jobs to suit your narrative now?

Did I strike a nerve? So busy but posting all the time during working hours I see.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

andrew_nyGiants

It's takes 10 seconds to post...it takes less than that to expose oneself as prejudice.

I am an outstanding multi-tasker.

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: