News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Two positions of strength in this draft

Started by MightyGiants, February 21, 2024, 08:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I think they are deeper while not having high top end prospects.

Ed Vette

Receiver seems the deepest and highest.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

While WR is extremely deep, I think OT seem very deep in top end 1st round talent.  I see Morgan and Guyton almost as 2A to Alt's 1A, plus guys in between.

This draft plays to the weaknesses of the Giants.

Stringer Bell

I'm high on this CB class and hope we go after one with late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Would allow us to let Jackson walk (devoting that money to OG) and give us a strong core of Banks / draft pick / Hawkins / Flott.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on February 21, 2024, 09:23:44 AMWhile WR is extremely deep, I think OT seem very deep in top end 1st round talent.  I see Morgan and Guyton almost as 2A to Alt's 1A, plus guys in between.

This draft plays to the weaknesses of the Giants.

Given the number of weaknesses the Giants have, pretty much any draft would play to them  ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 21, 2024, 09:30:23 AMI'm high on this CB class and hope we go after one with late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Would allow us to let Jackson walk (devoting that money to OG) and give us a strong core of Banks / draft pick / Hawkins / Flott.

I have it lower on my priority list. Of course, it only matters after we find out who we sign in free agency. But assuming we start with an empty slate, here's my list:

Priority 1: Offensive line (a top shelf guard/tackle, preferably Jackson Powers-Johnson or Graham Barton)
Priority 2: Stud DE/ER who can get to the QB to replace Leo (Bralen Trice, Darius Robinson, etc.)
Priority 3: Stud DT to rotate with Dex to keep our star D1 a chance to catch his breath (T'Vondre Sweat, Byron Murphy II, Kris Jenkins, Leonard Taylor III, etc.)
Priority 4: Everything else stud LB, another OG, Swing tackle, CB, RB, S, WR, TE, QB to groom, etc

Again...it makes no difference at this point because free agency will change everything, but as it stands, I am in the camp that we should trade down a couple of times and accumulate more picks. Notice my entire strategy is use our top picks to keep building the trench and pray our late round picks get lucky
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 21, 2024, 10:32:05 AMI have it lower on my priority list. Of course, it only matters after we find out who we sign in free agency. But assuming we start with an empty slate, here's my list:

Priority 1: Offensive line (a top shelf guard/tackle, preferably Jackson Powers-Johnson or Graham Barton)
Priority 2: Stud DE/ER who can get to the QB to replace Leo (Bralen Trice, Darius Robinson, etc.)
Priority 3: Stud DT to rotate with Dex to keep our star D1 a chance to catch his breath (T'Vondre Sweat, Byron Murphy II, Kris Jenkins, Leonard Taylor III, etc.)
Priority 4: Everything else stud LB, another OG, Swing tackle, CB, RB, S, WR, TE, QB to groom, etc

Again...it makes no difference at this point because free agency will change everything, but as it stands, I am in the camp that we should trade down a couple of times and accumulate more picks. Notice my entire strategy is use our top picks to keep building the trench and pray our late round picks get lucky

It's a good list. Mine's a little different.

Priority 1: #1 WR
Priority 2: RT
Priority 3a and 3b: DE and CB
Priority 4: RB
Priority 5: DT

But agree that so much will depend on free agency. That's why I don't have OG listed above, as my hope is that's a position they prioritize with solid bet signings.

Ed Vette

A quick breakdown of the WR Class.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

we an get the WR in 3-5.  I like Jolly Blue's scenario better.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: President Rick on February 21, 2024, 12:06:30 PMwe an get the WR in 3-5.  I like Jolly Blue's scenario better.

We already have several potential #2- already #3 types at WR. That's all you're going to get in the middle rounds. This team needs a true #1 WR. And they won't have the money to spend on one in FA, so their only hope is the draft.

andrew_nyGiants

I would go deep into OL & DB in this years draft.

It may not make sense on the surface, but IMHO this roster needs a reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!