News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What FA - if any - would you like to see the Giants pursue?

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, March 13, 2024, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I know the cap is pretty well spent, so pickens is slim

For me, I still like the idea of another DL after the loss of Leo last season and now A'Shawn Robinson to the Panthers (hard to believe he got a 22.5M contract), we could use a steady defensive lineman to balance out the line

Available: Arik Armstead of the 49'rs

From the Athletic: When he's on the field and playing hard, Armstead is very productive. He's a big man with great agility and balance for his size, making him dangerous as a one-on-one pass rusher, even if his style is more finesse than power. He can be disruptive in the run game, too, shedding blocks, getting upfield penetration and showing tackle-to-tackle range, though he's not the factor in pursuit that he once was. The downside is he turns 31 in November, and over the last two seasons, he's missed 13 games while — even when healthy — playing a smaller share of the snaps than he had since the 2016 season. But for a team that needs a five-technique in a 3-4 scheme, he would be a really good fit.

If we could get him on a 1-yr deal, he could fill in until one of the youngsters is ready
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Fletch

Jimmy G. Cheap vet "prove it " deal. That is someone who has proved can win if you get him the right people.

JT39

lol Jimmy G sucks. And he is also suspended already. Great call.

Fletch

:greetings:  You didn't get banned yet? Right a player who took the 9ers to the Super Bowl ; won like 12 games in a row, when before he got there could barely win a game ; that guy sucks. But Daniel Jones won a playoff whoa 

JT39

Again, he is suspended to start the year. Got benched last year for being terrible. Was replaced by the last pick of the draft who performed much better than he did as a rookie.

Jimmy G sucks. And if you want to get confrontational - lets have a mod review your last post.

expatriot

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on March 14, 2024, 10:18:29 AMAgain, he is suspended to start the year. Got benched last year for being terrible. Was replaced by the last pick of the draft who performed much better than he did as a rookie.

Jimmy G sucks. And if you want to get confrontational - lets have a mod review your last post.

ADmittedly I did forget he got suspended which does rule him out. That is your only good point. Aidan O'Connel didn't play much better than him. He played 6 games on a new team Admittedly he wasn't great at all. But hey won 3 of them which is the same .500 winning % they had with O'Connel. And no coincidentally enough Jimmy G was benched after his coach got fired mid-season. That is the way the NFL usually works with QBs and coaches. Only the Giants does some bum survive 3 different HC switches. And I bet after 6 season you're in the "who knows if its Jones or every new coaching and WR room we have every year, while slamming Jimmy G for 6 games.. Incidentally, Aidan O. wasn't the last pick of the draft. The Raiders coach is Antonio Pierce for f's sakes; who I loved on the Gaints loved him in the SB vs. the patriots but, as a HC, no. Raiders are in la la land.  So now Gardner Minshew is their QB after they just released Jimmy G.? That is like Cutting Daniel Jones to sign Marcus Mariotta. I'd rather have Jimmy G and I am sure 1/2 the coaches in the league would agree

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Fletch on March 14, 2024, 09:36:38 AMJimmy G. Cheap vet "prove it " deal. That is someone who has proved can win if you get him the right people.

When was the last time the Giants put the right people around their quarterback?  And it wasn't so much that he took the niners to the Superbowl as the niners took him to the Superbowl.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Fletch

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 14, 2024, 11:29:15 AMWhen was the last time the Giants put the right people around their quarterback?  And it wasn't so much that he took the niners to the Superbowl as the niners took him to the Superbowl.

No one really knows that since Daniel Jones is basically a back up level QB. Are you telling me Evan Engram is as bad as we once thought?