News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Century Red Uniforms

Started by Ed Vette, May 16, 2024, 12:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Quote from: spiderblue43 on May 16, 2024, 02:22:46 PMIt isn't worse than the Packers or Steelers, anyway. It's the 100th anniversary and it's part of their history. Roll with it.

Golly!! You mean we have a choice? 'Cause if so, I'd prefer something more like the Canton Bulldogs. :goteam:

Cheers!

y_so_blu

True to the name, these were put together from what we actually wore in the 1920s and 30s. If Mel Hein, Benny Friedman and Tuffy Leemans wore elements of these uniforms, I sure don't have a problem with them. Roll on Big Blue!  <:-P

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 16, 2024, 04:58:45 PMReally, why?
=))  =))  =))

Ed, if the Giants win both games they wear these unis, I'm getting you one!  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kartanoman

As I get older, I've come to appreciate the comedy warehouse this board becomes over the most interesting of topics.

Maybe the Giants should have sweetened the pot by advertising "One Free Medium Pepsi" for every fan dressed in their very best 1920s garb. So, gentlemen, get out your fedora, top 🎩 and pocket watches. Ladies, get out your parasol, 👒  , girdle and Victorian-era dress so everyone, not just the Giants, will look 100 years out of place. Maybe the spirit of Jim Thorpe will enter the Giants' huddle and the magic from a century ago will fire a light under this team in the season to come.

Yes, folks, they had Pepsi in 1925.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

Quote from: kartanoman on Today at 08:56:36 AMAs I get older, I've come to appreciate the comedy warehouse this board becomes over the most interesting of topics.

Maybe the Giants should have sweetened the pot by advertising "One Free Medium Pepsi" for every fan dressed in their very best 1920s garb. So, gentlemen, get out your fedora, top 🎩 and pocket watches. Ladies, get out your parasol, 👒  , girdle and Victorian-era dress so everyone, not just the Giants, will look 100 years out of place. Maybe the spirit of Jim Thorpe will enter the Giants' huddle and the magic from a century ago will fire a light under this team in the season to come.

Yes, folks, they had Pepsi in 1925.

Peace!
:funnypost:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

President Rick

all this to make more money...We are Big Blue and we should look it.  Go Giants.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Gman329

Quote from: spiderblue43 on May 16, 2024, 02:22:46 PMIt isn't worse than the Packers or Steelers, anyway. It's the 100th anniversary and it's part of their history. Roll with it.

Exactly my first reaction! 

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on Today at 08:33:11 AM=))  =))  =))

Ed, if the Giants win both games they wear these unis, I'm getting you one!  :ok:
Tim, I won't wear it. They look like a 12-year-old girl's pajamas. I would need to lose a "kiss your ass in Macy's window" type bet to wear it. lol
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on Today at 09:51:42 AMTim, I won't wear it. They look like a 12-year-old girl's pajamas. I would need to lose a "kiss your ass in Macy's window" type bet to wear it. lol
=))  =))  =))