News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

Quote from: LennG on May 16, 2024, 12:31:56 PMOver the past few years, my wife and I watch any number of shows about 'how America' was built, how Foods built America, how cars built America, Mega companies built America and now a new series has premiered, How Disney Built Ameria. There are probably others along the way, but we are facianted by some of these shows which tell us how certain companies got started, how certain name brand foods got started and built up a mass market etc. etc.

So on to Disney. As a child we grew up with Disney, we watched Mickey, we watched the Mickey Mouse Club. we had those stupid 'ears' and we also made the trek to Disneyworld (Florida). We still love the 'older' animated movies where Disney just had something special.

anyway, this new series How Disney Made America

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32230356/

is very good. It really goes into detail about how he started his studio, what he had to go thru to get the first animated movie Snow White onto the screen now he has just completed Disneyland, and how he got the financing to make this happen. If anyone enjoys ser ies like these, it is an excellent watch.

I've been watching this series. It's very good. Walt was a genius and could see what he thought he could do, and he proved the doubters wrong time and again. I found it amazing that his brother Roy was always negative but in the end always ending up being a great help.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."