News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on May 08, 2024, 09:54:18 PMRempe got all of 4 minutes TOI.  I understand benches get shorter in the playoffs and in fact, Carolina had 2 with 6+ minutes of TOI. Tough to mess with a winning formula but would PL contemplate swapping Brodzinski for Rempe?

Lots of bantering in the NY Post comment section about that today. It's hard to make a change when you have a winning formula (6-0 in the playoffs). Sometimes it's important for a kid like Rempe, who literally AND figuratively tilts the ice, who has both the opponent's AND the referee's heads' all jumbled up in knots, to do something as simple as "snow" Andersen, following Igor's getting tripped and flipped, to deliver an unspoken message that gets across clearly in a manner that no other way would prove effective. Johnny Brodz won't give you that.

In general, Laviolette knows how to make it to the top of the Everest of this sport. His tracks are there at the peak from '06. He knows what he's doing with his Rangers' team AND with keeping Rempe out there, even if for a handful of minutes.

The dynamics of this series change with the scenery now shifting to Research Triangle, NC. Will Rempe still be a role player remains to be seen. But the evidence is undeniable that the refs are whistle-happy when he's on the ice. That they scolded him yesterday was laughable. If he is in the ref's heads, in the opponent's heads, none of them are primarily focused as they should be on what they're supposed to be doing and that just benefits the Rangers.

Laviolette is brilliant!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

coggs

Rempe playing 4 minutes in a 2OT game is a lot different than when Stu Bickell only played 6 in a 3OT game in 2012 as Bickell was a dman.  Their first series in 2012 went 7 games and that series was tied 1-1.  Having your 12th forward hardly play is fine, especially when the opponent is pretty much running with only 3 lines.

coggs

Quote from: kartanoman on May 08, 2024, 10:11:06 PMLots of bantering in the NY Post comment section about that today. It's hard to make a change when you have a winning formula (6-0 in the playoffs). Sometimes it's important for a kid like Rempe, who literally AND figuratively tilts the ice, who has both the opponent's AND the referee's heads' all jumbled up in knots, to do something as simple as "snow" Andersen, following Igor's getting tripped and flipped, to deliver an unspoken message that gets across clearly in a manner that no other way would prove effective. Johnny Brodz won't give you that.

In general, Laviolette knows how to make it to the top of the Everest of this sport. His tracks are there at the peak from '06. He knows what he's doing with his Rangers' team AND with keeping Rempe out there, even if for a handful of minutes.

The dynamics of this series change with the scenery now shifting to Research Triangle, NC. Will Rempe still be a role player remains to be seen. But the evidence is undeniable that the refs are whistle-happy when he's on the ice. That they scolded him yesterday was laughable. If he is in the ref's heads, in the opponent's heads, none of them are primarily focused as they should be on what they're supposed to be doing and that just benefits the Rangers.

Laviolette is brilliant!

Peace!
I was a bouncer for a few years when I was in college and right out of college.  I see Rempe presence as the same.  If I wasn't working the front door checking ID's, I was standing against a wall observing what was going on.  Ready to pounce if needed, but most nights I was just looking around and didnt have to do anything.  Not saying mine and my co-workers presence prevented things from ever happening, but our presence did make people think twice and we were able to take care of a situation when needed.  DeAngelo starts running his mouth or playing like an XXXXXXX, Laviolette can put Rempe out there.  Yes, may result in a minor or even misconduct, but the message will be sent. 

Secondly, you are not sitting Artemi Panarin or Mika for Rempe.  I like Brodzinski, but he is a 4th liner. How many minutes do people really think he is going to play if put in the line-up and Carolina is only rolling 3 lines?  Chytil, yes talent wise there is a huge difference.  But, he hasn't played in over 6 months.  Yes, he is apparently practicing without a non-contact jersey, but we have no idea how he feels or how he looks in practice.  If they win tonight, maybe you give Chytil a look in game 4.  But again, I doubt if he decided to go with Chytil he is being inserted to anything higher than the 3rd line and is also going to have his ice-time limited.  He is not going to re-unite the Kid Line. 

jgrangers2

WHAT A WIN!!! End this on Saturday and give yourself some time off while Florida and Boston eat each other alive.

coggs

DaveBrown74

Huge!!

When Panarin took a penalty to break up a Ranger power play and turn it into 4 on 4, I texted a friend with the comment "first time I've heard Panarin's name tonight." It was as if he saw that text, resented it, and wanted to show me up. And show me up he most certainly did. What a sensational play by him to set up the Laffy goal and then obviously to also get it done in OT. Great stuff!

I want this wrapped up on Saturday so badly. Back to back sweeps would be immense. If they win in five I'm obviously fine with that but I really think they should be looking to end this this weekend. The Canes have to be totally deflated at this point.

kartanoman

1:43 in overtime ...

Breadman!

Breadman!!

Breadman!!!

Style points back-handed tip-in off a gorgeous pass from Trocheck in the right corner for the winner, 3-2.

I don't want to analyze tonight's game. As I stated before, the Rangers, since winning Game Seven of the 2022 Playoffs against Carolina in Raleigh, they've played well in that building and weren't impacted by the home crowd that, despite attempts to keep Ranger fans out, the Blueshirts fans found their way into the building.

Special teams was won by the Rangers again. Carolina was 0 for 5 on the power play. The Rangers were 0 for 4 on the power play; however, 5 for 5 penalty kills PLUS one short-handed goal which shut down the Carolina fans for a good portion of the game.

Igor did his hls job well in keeping Carolina in check for most of the game. The game tying goal was unfortunate; but the building pressure and chaos by Carolina was effective in their endeavor to score. Fortunately, he wasn't needed in overtime to repeat Tuesday's magical performance.

Panarin's game-winning goal, his fourth game-winner in this year's playoffs, should finally quiet the critics who have castigated him for his past playoff disappearances.

Also, Laffy getting his third goal of this series, which almost turned out to be the winner, continues to validate his growth.

But Vinny Trocheck continues to be a thorn in his former team's side. Whether he's baiting his ex-teammates into penalties, or making plays that result in scores. His impact was felt today from start to finish.

The Rangers' defense bent but never broke. They held the Canes to one score for 58 and a half minutes and two for the entire game.

After the Rangers scored in overtime, I spent time observing the Canes and their fans. Both looked broken. It's not over until it's over, but they looked broken. I think maybe they are starting to realize what files58 and I have been seeing and saying on here with conviction, not that the rest of you aren't, or don't believe it, but the Rangers have a sense of purpose now that goes beyond the President's Trophy. It's retribution for that embarrassment last year when they self-destructed against the Devils. This team is the antithesis of that group.

So, the Canes came to play and their fans arrived to cheer them on to victory. In the end, neither was enough to defeat a Ranger team who is now a game away from sweeping the third best team in this season's play.

With all my love to the Vegas prognosticators, and all Canes bandwagoners, it gives me great pleasure to say ...

Rangers: 3 - Your Paper Champions: Goose Egg, Zero, Zilch, Nil, Nada, You get nothing and like it, Nyet!

Oh, and I almost forgot ...

:kissass:

Let's Go Rangers!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)