News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: BBH Tailgate August 9th Game

Started by Ed Vette, July 20, 2018, 09:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoelessjoe

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on August 06, 2018, 08:17:19 AM
I'm planning on being there...may come solo (checking to see if the wife wants to join).

Coming from the city and plan to take the train. Please let me know what I can bring.

What time does everyone plan to arrive (sorry I may have glossed over it)?

Thanks!!

Andrew, check out the times that the train leaves Secaucus Junction to the Meadowlands.  Service usually begins 3 1/2 hours before stadium events with departures every 10 - 20 minutes, then hourly during events, and every 10 minutes afterwards for 1 - 2 hours after events or until the last scheduled departure.

You get a train at Penn Station and get off at Secaucus Junction where you will transfer to the train to Metlife.  The whole trip including waiting time for the trains should take no longer then 30 to 45 minutes.

When you get off of the train call us and someone will guide you to the parking lot where we will be.

For more see, https://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=MeadowlandsTo

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 06, 2018, 07:47:38 AM
This is the group as it stands now. Several of us will be on line at 1:30 to secure the tailgate spot. Brian and I are bringing canopy tents to shield the elements. If you have one and the room, please bring one too. Bring your own lawn chair. Bring your own beverages. Then take a look at what some of us are bringing and then decide what you want to bring. Let's not bring duplicate items with the exception of a folding table, paper items and utensils, as you can never have enough of that.

If you're bringing something to cook, it would be good to bring a portable Grill but if you don't have one, we can share. Food like Ribs and burgers, fruit and cheeses and snacks are some items to consider. Just bring enough for everyone to have a serving or sample. We are packed up and heading to the stadium about an hour before the kickoff.

See the maps to follow for the tailgate area we will meet at. I'll start a PM thread with Phone numbers I have in case anyone needs additional help.   

Lenn
Rich- Potato and Macaroni Salads and Coleslaw. 
Brian - Marinated Chicken Breasts, Hot Dogs/Rolls/Condiments and a Gas Grill.   
Bob - garden salad, utensils, plates, cups, napkins, salad dressings, folding table and at least four chairs.
Frank & Dan -2 - Hamburgers and bread/rolls
Tomeee - 2
Greg and son - 2
Ed- Skirt Steak, boneless pork filets and a Charcoal Grill, chairs, tables and a canopy.
Andrew and Guest-2
Chris Babywhales and son-2

We have 14 people coming. Please review the list and then quote this post and fill in what you are bringing. Again, you don't have to bring anything as I'm sure there will be enough food. Items to bring are snacks/chips/dip, cheese, veggie or fruit platters and cold cuts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

tomeee

Quote from: Shoelessjoe on August 07, 2018, 03:15:46 PM
Andrew, check out the times that the train leaves Secaucus Junction to the Meadowlands.  Service usually begins 3 1/2 hours before stadium events with departures every 10 - 20 minutes, then hourly during events, and every 10 minutes afterwards for 1 - 2 hours after events or until the last scheduled departure.

You get a train at Penn Station and get off at Secaucus Junction where you will transfer to the train to Metlife.  The whole trip including waiting time for the trains should take no longer then 30 to 45 minutes.

When you get off of the train call us and someone will guide you to the parking lot where we will be.

For more see, https://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=MeadowlandsTo

First train should be 3:30. If you don't want to wait or deal with the crowds take an uber from Secaucus.

tomeee

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 07, 2018, 03:29:52 PM
We have 14 people coming. Please review the list and then quote this post and fill in what you are bringing. Again, you don't have to bring anything as I'm sure there will be enough food. Items to bring are snacks/chips/dip, cheese, veggie or fruit platters and cold cuts.

Lenn
Bob - garden salad, utensils, plates, cups, napkins, salad dressings, folding table and at least four chairs.
Frank & Dan
Tomeee - 2 I won't be there until 4ish. Will bring fruit platter and / or chips and dip.
Greg and son - 2
Ed- Skirt Steak, boneless Pork filets and a Charcoal Grill, tables, chairs and a canopy.

Ed Vette

Quote from: tomeee on August 07, 2018, 04:27:15 PM
Lenn
Frank & Dan
Tomeee - 2 I won't be there until 4ish. Will bring fruit platter and / or chips and dip.
Greg and son - 2
Ed- Skirt Steak, boneless Pork filets and a Charcoal Grill, tables, chairs and a canopy.
We can start cooking at 3:30-4 so its fresh when you arrive. plenty of time to cook and eat.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Besides Brian and I, does anyone else have a canopy tent to shield the sun?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I printed double sided copies for everyone of the Roster that the Giants gave out at Camp. Remind me to hand them out.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: tomeee on August 07, 2018, 04:24:34 PM
First train should be 3:30. If you don't want to wait or deal with the crowds take an uber from Secaucus.

Thanks!! There will be two of us!
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

andrew_nyGiants

Thanks, Joe!
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

LennG

Sorry guys, I've been away for the past 3 days and unable to get online. We were in the Lancaster PA area, Amish country. On our way home today, we stopped off at a local farm stand and I bought a whole bunch of stuff that I would love to bring.
Just let me know if any or all of it is appropriate.

I have about 4 huge cantaloupes
2 small watermelons
12 ears of fresh local corn
about 3-4 huge zucchini's

I also bought a couple of bags of pretzels which I was planning on bringing.

My question is will anyone be able to grill the corn or the zucchini?
Can I bring the melons whole, or should I cut them up?

I still haven't unpacked the car and we have so much to do before I leave tomorrow. I thought maybe I could pre cook the corn, but I don't know if I will have time. Again will some one be able to cook the corn and/or the zucchini?

I have a package or two of Kosher Hot Dogs (most know I don't eat unkosher meat) so it no big deal to me to jsut eat what I bring.

Anything else?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

gregf

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on August 08, 2018, 05:59:03 PM
Thanks!! There will be two of us!

This is extremely helpful.  I couldn't find this on Google maps or internet. Im taking the same route. It sounds like we can't catch a secaucus junction train till about 330 then? 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gregf

Andrew, the first trains from secaucus to met life start 4:17. My son and I are going to catch an earlier train to secaucus, then uber in. Will use train on way back. Feel free to pm me for a contact text number if you like.
      Ed, are you and Rich arriving at 2?

Bob In PA

Quote from: gregf on August 08, 2018, 11:35:05 PM
Andrew, the first trains from secaucus to met life start 4:17. My son and I are going to catch an earlier train to secaucus, then uber in. Will use train on way back. Feel free to pm me for a contact text number if you like.
      Ed, are you and Rich arriving at 2?

greg: In case you did not get a reply to this question, Ed and Brian (BigHitter) will probably get there first (they're aiming for around noon or so), but Len and I will not be far behind (we're aiming for roughly 2:00 PM).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

tomeee

Lenn
Frank & Dan
Greg and son - 2

With Lenn bringing fresh picked fruit I'll go with chips and dip.

Lenn I always find it easier to prepare and pre-cook what you can at home.

Looks like we have some good weather. :ok:

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin