News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

FOR ALL THOSE WHO INSIST THAT WE DRAFT A QB FIRST

Started by Brooklyn Dave, November 28, 2023, 10:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kingm56 on November 28, 2023, 09:57:51 PMThis entire thread baffles me; essentially, it states we shouldn't draft a QB because it's hard.  Instead, we should continue to draft OL and hope a QB who's started 60+ games becomes something he's never been.  In 30+ years, there's not a single example of this type of QB maturation; yet, here we are, pushing the notion....

OK, but none of this has anything to do with what I said.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

uconnjack8

If the team has a chance to draft someone they feel strongly can be a franchise QB - They should draft him, I don't think this is complicated or even debatable really (this thread says differently). 

Whether you think Daniel Jones is the issue, part of the issue or none of the issue with the offense, I think we can all agree he is not the long-term future of the franchise at this point. 

If the team thinks that the QB is only so good that need him to be on his rookie contract to make the rest of the team competitive, then the question is answered about whether or not that is a true franchise QB.

And if there is still big OL questions heading into next year (not sure how there wouldn't be at this point), the rookie can sit for half the season (or however long) while those issues playout or not. 

Its a different story if there isn't any QBs available that the team feels fits the bill. 

DaveBrown74

If we're not taking a QB and we can't get Maserati Marv, I wouldn't mind Jared Verse. Look at this play from last night.

Imagine having him and Thibs book-ended for the next decade.

https://twitter.com/_notailedbeast/status/1731203636577894770

nb587

The more I watch football, and I have been watching football for longer than many of you have been alive, the more I realize there are no rules.  I am right now watching the 49er vs the Eagles who are clearly taking the best teams in the game with Purdy and Hurts as the starting QBs while I am reading here about the absolute need to draft a QB with the 1st pick.  Or, we have to draft OL in the 1st as though a 1st is the only chance to improve the OL.  The best rule, in my opinion, is draft really talented people emphasizing certain positions of value.  We need to add talent at lots of positions

nb587

Should have added that the other tv game here has Baker Mayfield and Bryan Young both of whom were the 1st picks in the draft

TDToomer

It still pisses me off that this thread is getting so much traffic and bumped to the top. As I mentioned 3 pages ago the use of ALL CAPS was an cheap attention getter by the OP shout out loud and I wish the mods would put a stop to thread topic like this. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on December 03, 2023, 08:55:53 PMIt still pisses me off that this thread is getting so much traffic and bumped to the top. As I mentioned 3 pages ago the use of ALL CAPS was an cheap attention getter by the OP shout out loud and I wish the mods would put a stop to thread topic like this. 

The guy is pretty new to the board and has started a couple of other thread without all-cap subject lines.  So maybe you could give him a break and let it go?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 03, 2023, 10:50:09 PMThe guy is pretty new to the board and has started a couple of other thread without all-cap subject lines.  So maybe you could give him a break and let it go?

I suppose those other treads weren't gaining enough attraction thus to need to scream for attention. This is the new world we live in. Not everyone needs to create multiple thread. There are plenty of existing ones where this discussion could have went.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

GloryDays

Quote from: Quick Kick on November 28, 2023, 10:54:41 AMWe need 3 more O linemen, not 1 more. Schmitz and Thomas are solid-the rest are 2nd and 3rd string back ups. 

First there needs to be fundamental changes in how we scout and draft O linemen; we may also have to address the coaching and development, if there is mediocrity there too... not sure about that aspect though.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: TDToomer on December 04, 2023, 09:16:41 AMI suppose those other treads weren't gaining enough attraction thus to need to scream for attention. This is the new world we live in. Not everyone needs to create multiple thread. There are plenty of existing ones where this discussion could have went.

I was the one who started this thread and the use of Caps was not screaming for any attention nor did it have any meaning whatsoever. I am 80 years old and have been following the Giants probably way before you were born. I had season tickets when they played at Yankee Stadium, at the Yale Bowl and at Giant Stadium. Getting to Met Life now is getting too difficult.

In another post you said that ," you were pissed off " on my using Caps. I can't imagine how you would react to more important things if you are pissed off so easily  !!!

Be assured that when and if I post another thread , I will not use all Caps , so you can rest in peace !!!