News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Your six Camp Guests

Started by Jaime, July 11, 2023, 12:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

Camp starts in a few weeks  =D>
What six former Giants Players or Staff Members would you invite to visit Camp?
Have at it Gentleman :hmm:

Ed Vette

Eli, Pierce, Osi, Seubert, McQuarters, Tryee.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

As much as I think past great coaches like Coughlin and Parcells have a lot to add, at this point if the goal is to help the players as much as possible I think past players who had a lot of success are likely more effective than coaches who are many generations removed from these guys. I would also want players who were not only successful but who I felt really were proud to be here.

Eli
Snee
Simms
Tuck
Toomer
Cruz

Eli is Eli .. no explanation needed.

Simms was also a great QB for this franchise and played on great teams that really understood what it took to win consistently in this league.

Snee was a superb player with deep ties to the organization who was consistently excellent on the field and was a high character guy on top of that.

Tuck bled blue and was not just an excellent player but was a total winner.

Toomer was a very good player and is just a class act who is a great ambassador for the franchise and was part of a Super Bowl team.

Cruz is a guy who wasn't even drafted and still had major success. I think having someone like him at the beginning of camp would be a huge motivator to guys who are on the fringe, or walk-ons, or who didn't get drafted as high as they would have liked.

True Blue

Eli
Strahan
Sam Madison
Cruz
Pierce
O'Hara

T200

Sinorice Moss
Ramses Barden
Ron Dayne
Jonathan Stewart
Trey Junkin
Adrien "The JPP of Tight Ends" Robinson

/sarcasm/
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

True Blue

Quote from: T200 on July 11, 2023, 09:24:35 AMSinorice Moss
Ramses Barden
Ron Dayne
Jonathan Stewart
Trey Junkin

/sarcasm/

Change Barden with Toney and you have a hell of a list there.  :ok:

I forgot all about Robinson. What a bad draft pick lol

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on July 11, 2023, 09:24:35 AMSinorice Moss
Ramses Barden
Ron Dayne
Jonathan Stewart
Trey Junkin

/sarcasm/

As much as I wanted to kill Trey Junkin, I thought he handled himself well in the post-game. Was clearly distraught and owned 100% of the loss. It was a pretty bad gaffe, but it's not like it was his fault the Giants were so desperate at that position that they needed to resort to someone like him on short notice. I think the Giants basically begged him to come out of retirement, and he finally gave in. It's not like he was clinging to playing.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 11, 2023, 11:55:45 AMAs much as I wanted to kill Trey Junkin, I thought he handled himself well in the post-game. Was clearly distraught and owned 100% of the loss. It was a pretty bad gaffe, but it's not like it was his fault the Giants were so desperate at that position that they needed to resort to someone like him on short notice. I think the Giants basically begged him to come out of retirement. It's not like he was clinging to playing.
You're right about Junkin. He completely owned it and didn't deflect. But maaaaaaan, I was so heated after that game!!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on July 11, 2023, 12:05:08 PMYou're right about Junkin. He completely owned it and didn't deflect. But maaaaaaan, I was so heated after that game!!!

Me too, maybe my least favorite Giants game ever. That or the DeSean Jackson game. The Pisarcik one was a little bit before my time as a fan.

To be fair to Junkin, as bad as that was, it was a disgrace that the Giants were even in that position in the first place late in the game. There was a lot of blame to go around on that one.

spiderblue43

Rocky Thompson aka
Stone Hands
George Adams aka The Pelvis
Cedric Jones aka One Eye
Danny Buggs aka Long Legs
Elvis Toast Patterson
Steve Deossie aka Beachball

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 11, 2023, 12:21:31 PMMe too, maybe my least favorite Giants game ever. That or the DeSean Jackson game. The Pisarcik one was a little bit before my time as a fan.

To be fair to Junkin, as bad as that was, it was a disgrace that the Giants were even in that position in the first place late in the game. There was a lot of blame to go around on that one.

Don't forget the refs blew the call and Junkin was robbed of one more chance.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on July 11, 2023, 12:05:08 PMYou're right about Junkin. He completely owned it and didn't deflect. But maaaaaaan, I was so heated after that game!!!

To be fair, it would have been meaningless if the Giants hadn't blown something like a 38-14 lead.  He may have owned it but the team actually lost that game, not him.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

files58

Quote from: spiderblue43 on July 11, 2023, 12:54:54 PMDon't forget the refs blew the call and Junkin was robbed of one more chance.

I screamed at the tv where's the flag? It seemed I was the only one who knew the lineman was eligible. /sarcasm/ It would have been a chip shot for the win.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 11, 2023, 12:21:31 PMMe too, maybe my least favorite Giants game ever. That or the DeSean Jackson game. The Pisarcik one was a little bit before my time as a fan.

Definitely one of the games I'll never watch again.

Giant Obsession

Mark Bavaro
Howard Cross
Reyna Thompson
Gary Reasons
Leon Bright
Rob Carpenter
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon