News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So, Do we Win or just Cover?

Started by Jaime, September 20, 2023, 07:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

Great stuff for an argument for a W on The FAN around 5:00 AM today.
Wicked rational regarding how the Rams hung tough vs. dah Niners.
So, what say you?000

Dgoodmantrublu

I think we lose by more than two touchdowns. Hope I'm wrong. I think we win against Seattle though.

Jaime

Dgood, you don't think we can Cover Redfaced

Dgoodmantrublu

Possibly. Spreads are weird. We can be down 17 and score a meaningless TD late to cover.

Jaime

Yeah, Garbage Time scores can really push the Spread #'s around...

Giant Obsession

No pass rush, no ability to create turnovers, special teams not very special. 2 raw rookie CB.

48 - 27. 

Rebuild Year 2, Game 3. We will be seeing at least 3 0r 4 more game like this in 2023.

Growing pains are never pretty.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

kingm56

Strength vs weakness favors the 9ers BIG TIME.  9ers 30+ to 17.   They cover.

Jaime

Vegas has the Spread at 9.5.

Gman329

10.5 this morning. I see 49ers cruising, something like 34-13. 

EDjohnst1981

IF the second-half Giants turn up, I think they can cover 10.5.

However, if it's the first-half Giants, I think SF will just control the game and run away with it.

DaveBrown74

I guess I care a little about whether we're competitive in this game or we get blown out, but I'm not overly focused on it tbh. Unless we shock the world and actually win this game, my main focus is just getting to 2-2 and being as healthy as possible after that.

MagicRat

If the spread gets much bigger I'd be tempted to have a wee investment in us, but 10.5 seems about right......if we show up.
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MagicRat on September 21, 2023, 06:49:19 AMIf the spread gets much bigger I'd be tempted to have a wee investment in us, but 10.5 seems about right......if we show up.

I don't think I would touch the Giants with less than two TDs if I were betting.

JT39

MightyGiants

I don't see how the O-line stops the great San Fran D-line with:

Ezeudu - Glowinski - JMS - McKethan - Neal

Especially with the San Fran D having no worry about stopping the run
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE