News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hope Al Michaels retires soon

Started by Jaime, September 21, 2023, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

The guy is way long in the tooth ~X(

Great Homer act there Al....

DaveBrown74

I've always loved him. Think he's great. Maybe he's not what he was 20 years ago but I still have a soft spot for him. Probably my second favorite NFL play by play guy of my lifetime after Summerall.

DragonSoul

He's been bad & it started early. Got quite a few things wrong tonight.

Jaime

Dave Pal, 20 years ago, that's the best you can do for your guy =))
Did he just compare some piss poor Tackling to Bavaro's Catch and Run where he dragged four would be Tacklers 15 yards?

Dragon spot on there!!!

Philosophers

Dyed hairplugs for Al.  Really bad look.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jaime on September 21, 2023, 10:54:50 PMDave Pal, 20 years ago, that's the best you can do for your guy =))
Corporate needs to put Michaels out to pasture.

Spot on there Dragon!!!

I get it - he's old. I can't help it though. I'm a loyalty guy, and he's a legend. Guys like Sam Rosen and Michaels get a pass from me as old men for being as good as they were for decades. Giving him the boot to bring in some stiff like Kevin Burkhardt may appeal to some but it would rub me the wrong way.

Jaime

There's talent on the horizon, Corporate just has to have the balls to make a move (agree not your mention) :no:

miss86

nicky1000

Between he and Moose Johnston, they always trash the Giants when they broadcast.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: nicky1000 on September 22, 2023, 12:08:37 AMBetween he and Moose Johnston, they always trash the Giants when they broadcast.

they kind of make it easy lol

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nicky1000 on September 22, 2023, 12:08:37 AMBetween he and Moose Johnston, they always trash the Giants when they broadcast.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I actually haven't noticed that. I feel like Michaels just comments on what he's seeing on the field, personally. Considering Jones is 1-13 career in night games, which is all Michaels ever covers, I am not surprised that he has not been overly complimentary about our team in recent years.

nicky1000

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 22, 2023, 06:54:02 AMI'm not saying you're wrong, but I actually haven't noticed that. I feel like Michaels just comments on what he's seeing on the field, personally. Considering Jones is 1-13 career in night games, which is all Michaels ever covers, I am not surprised that he has not been overly complimentary about our team in recent years.

You got me there on DJ, unfortunately. Guess I will save the vitriol for Moose LOL.

TDToomer

Quote from: Philosophers on September 21, 2023, 11:00:08 PMDyed hairplugs for Al.  Really bad look.

You'd be surprised how many of these broadcasters do this. Buck Jr has had multiple hair replacement procedures to retain his iconic hair style. Call it vanity or trying to survive but they must feel that fans are used to how they look a certain way and must keep that look at all costs. They can't all be born lucky like Kirk Herbstreit.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Hey, I am long in the tooth as well  :D

I will confess I like an announcer who can reference games from decades ago that I also watched
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

He needed a nap in the afternooon.  at 76 I know the feeling.  Al looked like he was going to fall asleep sitting up with the camera on him

He should stick to the 1PM games at this point
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"