News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A simple poll on the Pats/Giants game.

Started by DaveBrown74, November 25, 2023, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want the Giants to beat the Pats this week?

DaveBrown74

I'm including guests (as I do all my polls). I'm curious to see how Giants fans feel about this game.

Very simply, do you want the Giants to beat New England this week? Yes or no?

LennG

In a word, NO. As much as I would love to beat BB once again, a victory here serves us no purpose in the long run. I would love to see the Giants play an exciting, competitive game and maybe lose on a last-minute FG.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

katkavage

These are totally meaningless games. The players as they should will play hard and to win, but it means nothing. Except for draft status.

MagicRat

Yes for me, for the simple reason I want us to win every game.
I get the draft/tank argument, but my Giants fandom isn't about logic and I want us to win.

Having said that, it's BB against a rookie QB so it's probably a moot point.
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Thank you for all the candid responses so far.

Obviously there are no right or wrong answers here, and nobody should tell anyone else "how to fan." I was just curious what the breakdown looked like among what will hopefully end up being a decent sample size of the fan base by kickoff tomorrow.

BluesCruz

to me each game is like a battle to be won not lost.  Say we beat the Eagles 41-10
Its not a Super Bowl but as a fan it would be FAN-tastic

I get the QB pursuit, but we already might have him on the roster- Tommy D

I believe we must draft the best available athlete in the draft.  Trying to draft by position ofter leads to a bleak results

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

y_so_blu

Dgoodmantrublu

Should the Giants have won an extra game in 1980 and missed out on Lawrence Taylor?

Jaime

I want my cake and eat it too.
Meaning, I want us to lose, but I want DeVito to play well. =D>

StompYouOT

I understand it either way, but it's better if we lose.  If there is a "12 year QB" in the next draft I want him and don't want to slide too far.  Losing tomorrow helps us there.

I get the "play to win" sentiment but I will regret winning tomorrow unless Devito is really the answer.  I am pulling for him and want the players to win, but know it's in the franchise's best interests to lose.

However I always want to beat Philly.  Everything I just said goes out the window for them. 

BluesCruz

So BB being the genius he is will likely tank this game

It will be interesting to see how hard they play.  As for the Giants I dont expect any tanking
although years ago I believe years ago Jesse Palmer was pulled aside and told to lose one for the Gipper (Eli)

If the Pats do lay down, Tommy D may set Giants all time passing records

The smart coaching decision would be to keep it close and lose in the end, if a HC could have that kind of control. 

I remember Philly pulling their QB (Hurts) to keep us out of the playoffs, and it worked
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Torus34

My interest in seeing a Giants win is infused with a desire to see an unlikely kid from New Jersey make good. Mr. DeVito provided this poor old country mouse with an enjoyable game last time out. A repeat performance would go far toward making my afternoon.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

President Rick

win all we can.  win.  one or two slots on the draft board this year will not matter in the big picture.  and for those who want to draft a new back-up qb in '24, just wait until rounds 2-3.  he'll be there.

we all saw 2 L's v.s. iggles and cows, an L vs. SF and the seahags, and a lot of folks said we'd split with the skins [we won 2!!!].  we should have beaten the jests.  we beat the cards.  Who knows what a mediocre and healthy OL would have meant vs. jests and raiders.  beating the pats today [I hope] and we could very well have had 5 wins by this evening.  So getting 4 W's by tonight isn't so bad, and it beats feeling the way a lot of carolina fans must feel right now.       Go Giants
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

sooners56

I voted NO but when the game starts I will be rooting like heck that they win. I feel like there is a franchise QB in this upcoming draft that the Giants can draft and the higher they draft the more likelihood that QB will be available. It's just up to the Giants brass to draft the correct guy.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

T200

I voted YES but I realized what I want more is for them to play well and look like a good team but still lose.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: