News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bucky and Jeremiah rank NYG last in NFC East

Started by MightyGiants, May 02, 2024, 08:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Tied for last or tied for first. Everyone's record is 0-0.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AZGiantFan

This past year the Eagles started out very strong and completely imploded, starting 10-1 and then finishing 1-6 including getting shredded in their one and done playoff game.  It will be interesting if that end of the season leaves a hangover.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 02, 2024, 10:34:33 AMThis past year the Eagles started out very strong and completely imploded, starting 10-1 and then finishing 1-6 including getting shredded in their one and done playoff game.  It will be interesting if that end of the season leaves a hangover.

Carl Banks thinks it will.   Banks feels that late-season victory over a team (who needed a win) that had been bullying you for years was big for NYG's confidence
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Uncle Mickey

I hate to say it but Philly lost both a very good OC and DC the year before . Both were so good that the NFL teams hired them as their Head Coaches. Well guess what? That Roseman once again went for the gusto and brought in Fangio and Kellen Moore. He did a phenomenal job in not sticking with two guys that weren't performing but quickly pivoted two two proven coordinators with strong track records.

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 02, 2024, 10:36:50 AMCarl Banks thinks it will.   Banks feels that late-season victory over a team (who needed a win) that had been bullying you for years was big for NYG's confidence
I've never seen a correlation between the play at the end of one year and what happens the following year. Means nothing.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on May 02, 2024, 04:42:37 PMI've never seen a correlation between the play at the end of one year and what happens the following year. Means nothing.
Unlike the 2022 Giants and the 2023 Giants.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 02, 2024, 08:50:57 PMUnlike the 2022 Giants and the 2023 Giants.
Right, the Giants rode that momentum of a winning season right into 2023, didn't they? Too much happens in the off season to ever think there will be a carry over. Not to mention what happens to the teams they end up playing and the schedule they get. When the Giants beat the Eagles at the end of the year in a meaningless game for both teams, pretty much, the Eagles were playing maybe the worst football of anyone in the NFL. I hope it carries over to this season. Doubtful though.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on May 03, 2024, 07:11:43 AMRight, the Giants rode that momentum of a winning season right into 2023, didn't they? Too much happens in the off season to ever think there will be a carry over. Not to mention what happens to the teams they end up playing and the schedule they get. When the Giants beat the Eagles at the end of the year in a meaningless game for both teams, pretty much, the Eagles were playing maybe the worst football of anyone in the NFL. I hope it carries over to this season. Doubtful though.
2022- 2-5-1
2023- 2-8
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

This link will start the video where Banks explains how that victory over the Eagles mattered

https://youtu.be/IPkDWLzJHS8?list=PLx1t0RBHW6Qr7ojtpJDJRgf2GmohPJ2t6&t=880
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

NFC East TOTALLY UP FOR GRABS

Only certainty is we will be creamed in Jerryland for that one game

We will own the Eagles for a decade now    Their turn to suffer in a winner takes all back and forth series
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

If we don't finish last we'll be third. That is our realistic ceiling.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 03, 2024, 07:52:30 PMIf we don't finish last we'll be third. That is our realistic ceiling.

I have to think the Eagles are the odds-on favorite to win the division.  I am not sure Dallas won't look very diminished this season.   Washington's standings will depend on how quickly all the draft picks and free agents can come together.

I think if everything falls right, the Giants could top out at 2nd in the division
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 04, 2024, 07:18:45 AMI have to think the Eagles are the odds-on favorite to win the division.  I am not sure Dallas won't look very diminished this season.   Washington's standings will depend on how quickly all the draft picks and free agents can come together.

I think if everything falls right, the Giants could top out at 2nd in the division

I won't disagree that Dallas might take a step back this year. I still think their floor is pretty high though. A step back for them might mean just 10 wins instead of their typical 12 or 13. Is our absolute best case scenario ceiling higher than that? Never say never I guess, but I highly doubt it. We did add some nice players, but we also lost some, and we have deeper holes in our roster than they do.

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 04, 2024, 07:54:58 AMI won't disagree that Dallas might take a step back this year. I still think their floor is pretty high though. A step back for them might mean just 10 wins instead of their typical 12 or 13. Is our absolute best case scenario ceiling higher than that? Never say never I guess, but I highly doubt it. We did add some nice players, but we also lost some, and we have deeper holes in our roster than they do.

Let's not forget Dal also has an AP returning to thier secondary this season; they still have AP/PB level talent on both sides of the ball.