News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants draft WR Malik Nabers round one

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 25, 2024, 09:49:52 PMThey'll find something.  They always do.

"Well this is the first time that Daniel Jones has really had time to go through his progressions. So he needs to start developing those skills. To look off the safety and make those reads. It's going to take time."

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 08:57:43 PMIt's going to have to get fixed eventually.

We've said that about the OL for more than 10 years and it hasn't happened.

So we can say hope springs eternal.

Or we can say expecting it to get better, in each case, is the triumph of hope over experience.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

madbadger

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 25, 2024, 09:49:52 PMThey'll find something.  They always do.

This is silly. I have been 100% on the Jones isn't it bandwagon for two years and love the Nabers pick. There were several services that had Nabers in the top three and one had him as the best player in the draft. I know we have to move on from Jones, but if we can fix the line the next quarterback is gonna have some tools to work with. We were never going to get the rebuilding done this offseason.

TONKA56

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 10:01:04 PMWe've said that about the OL for more than 10 years and it hasn't happened.

So we can say hope springs eternal.

Or we can say expecting it to get better, in each case, is the triumph of hope over experience.

What I meant was eventually the issue is going to demand attention and action. Not that it will just fix itself if we wait long enough.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DJN

Looking at what prior gm's and scouts say...Outside of the qb's, Nabers would be their #1 pick.....

99% of Giants..Another disappointment !!!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: DJN on April 25, 2024, 10:08:20 PMLooking at what prior gm's and scouts say...Outside of the qb's, Nabers would be their #1 pick.....

99% of Giants..Another disappointment !!!

That's a way bit of an exageration. I see plenty more of us in favor of this pick.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Hadron

I was watching the draft at The Star in Dallas. Cowboy fans weren't happy with the Giants pick. Haha

Here's hoping Jones does...something this year with these guys.

sxdxca38

Quote from: LennG on April 25, 2024, 09:29:25 PMHe can be as fired up as he wants it still takes talent to succeed.
What will the excuses be now?

Lenn,

In 2022 Daniel Jones had a 93.2 RTG ranked 13th, a 60.2 QBR ranked 6th, and the Giants went 10-7-1 and won a playoff game.

May I ask did you forget about this?

sxdxca38

GMO,

In 2022 Daniel Jones posted a 93.2 RTG ranked 13th, a 60.2 QBR ranked 6th, and the Giants went 10-7-1, and won a playoff game.

Where were the excuses?

The Giants just added an elite #1 WR, and if they can upgrade the O line to perform at least average, do you think Daniel Jones can have a bounce back year?

or do you think he and the team will be worse?

Gmo11

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 11:07:07 PMLenn,

In 2022 Daniel Jones had a 93.2 RTG ranked 13th, a 60.2 QBR ranked 6th, and the Giants went 10-7-1 and won a playoff game.

May I ask did you forget about this?

Respectfully...that was not a great season for a QB in today's NFL.  It was barely good and only by comparison from what they had seen from him prior to that.  And in fact, that team wasn't really talented enough to make the playoffs they just had a LOT of lucky bounces along the way that got them extra wins.  Had those bounces gone the other way, (which they very much did this past season) and Jones still has those same stats but without the playoff appearance/win, there's not a doubt in my mind he would have been replaced last offseason.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 25, 2024, 11:15:05 PMRespectfully...that was not a great season for a QB in today's NFL.  It was barely good and only by comparison from what they had seen from him prior to that.  And in fact, that team wasn't really talented enough to make the playoffs they just had a LOT of lucky bounces along the way that got them extra wins.  Had those bounces gone the other way, (which they very much did this past season) and Jones still has those same stats but without the playoff appearance/win, there's not a doubt in my mind he would have been replaced last offseason.

May I share something?

Daniel Jones has played a total of five seasons in the NFL.

In the two seasons he had a decent offensive line, ranked 18th and 17th, he had his best years.

In 2022 when the O line performed about average, he posted 3,900 total yards which included his rushing stats, and a QBR of 60.2 which ranked 6th, and a 92.3 RTG which ranked 13th.

I hear that you are saying the Giants weren't a good team in 2022, but the fact that he posted those kinds of numbers on a bad team, and helped them make the playoffs, what would happen if he was actually on a good team?

For instance, the Giants have added an elite #1 WR, and if they upgrade the O line from 30th to say around 15th, do you think Daniel Jones' stats will improve? and will the Giants begin to win again?

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 11:45:49 PMMay I share something?

Daniel Jones has played a total of five seasons in the NFL.

In the two seasons he had a decent offensive line, ranked 18th and 17th, he had his best years.

In 2022 when the O line performed about average, he posted 3,900 total yards which included his rushing stats, and a QBR of 60.2 which ranked 6th, and a 92.3 RTG which ranked 13th.

I hear that you are saying the Giants weren't a good team in 2022, but the fact that he posted those kinds of numbers on a bad team, and helped them make the playoffs, what would happen if he was actually on a good team?

For instance, the Giants have added an elite #1 WR, and if they upgrade the O line from 30th to say around 15th, do you think Daniel Jones' stats will improve? and will the Giants begin to win again?

I appreciate your argument. Problem is even when Jones had time he still panicked. He isn't the answer I wish he was. But he isn't - 5 yrs is enough. Did u see the Redskkns QB draft pick list?

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 11:59:18 PMI appreciate your argument. Problem is even when Jones had time he still panicked. He isn't the answer I wish he was. But he isn't - 5 yrs is enough. Did u see the Redskkns QB draft pick list?

I saw the Redskins drafted Daniels, I liked him.

Are you referring to something else?

Please explain? thanks