News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The starting 5 on the offensive line

Started by brownelvis54, May 02, 2024, 07:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on May 03, 2024, 01:11:15 PMJMS can't have an Evan Neal tyoe secind year regression from what was already substandard.

I agree on JMS. Especially considering he is quite old for a second year NFL player.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 02, 2024, 08:29:59 PMIf it were my decision, my leash for neal would be not much more than one game. The guy has had two years, and he's been awful the whole way. Enough. If he's not good at right tackle right away, he should be out. Elumenor did a totally solid job at that position on a bad team with a bad QB for our current new O line coach.

Enough with the kid gloves on Neal. The guy sucks, and he was a dick to the fans. One shot and he's out. He should probably already be out.

Short leash for Neal for sure. I haven't seen any signs of improvement.

i

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on May 03, 2024, 07:41:23 PMShort leash for Neal for sure. I haven't seen any signs of improvement.

i

It's not even entirely clear to me why he should start at RT in week one over Eleumenor. You have two players who have played RT in this league. One has always been terrible. The other played at a solid level last year. Why would you go with the first guy in that situation?

gregf

I don't recall a season where we have had average or better RT play since McKenzie.  Elumenor should be the front runner and best we have had man RT in a dozen years

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 03, 2024, 01:20:53 PMIn case anyone is interested, here are all the PFF grades (for 2023) of the Giants offensive linemen

36th of 36
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
C
# 61

Aaron Stinnie
G
# 64

Austin Schlottmann
C
# 65

Jon Runyan
G
# 76

Marcus McKethan
G
# 60

Jimmy Morrissey
G
# 67

Yodny Cajuste
T
# 70

Jalen Mayfield
T
# 62

Joshua Miles
T
# 77

Matt Nelson
T
# 68

Jermaine Eluemunor
T
# 72

Joshua Ezeudu
T
# 75

Evan Neal
T
# 73

Andrew Thomas
T
# 78

Expecting our O-Line to improve to average is putting a LOT of faith in the new O-Line coach.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 01:52:01 AMExpecting our O-Line to improve to average is putting a LOT of faith in the new O-Line coach.

Last year, we felt the Giants offense could take a step up.  We hoped that rookie JMS would play well and Neal would get his act together.  While I was optimistic, the old saying, "hope is not a substitute for a plan" kept playing in my head.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE