News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A crazy draft question

Started by nicky1000, November 14, 2023, 11:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

Ben the rapist would have been shipped out of NY when that happened. NY doesn't treat its sports teams like college towns do.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 15, 2023, 09:33:56 PMBen the rapist would have been shipped out of NY when that happened. NY doesn't treat its sports teams like college towns do.

True. We definitely wouldn't want to have two all time great ex-Giants be rapists.

Dgoodmantrublu

Media environment around these issues is a bit different these days.

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 15, 2023, 09:39:53 PMTrue. We definitely wouldn't want to have two all time great ex-Giants be rapists.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 15, 2023, 09:39:53 PMTrue. We definitely wouldn't want to have two all time great ex-Giants be rapists.

Meggett?

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 16, 2023, 12:00:40 PMThink he was referring to LT

LT did not forcibly rape anyone. His conviction was sex with a prostitute who he did not know was under 18. Complete different from what Big Ben was accused of and what Meggett was convicted of.

But they were all awful things.   
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 15, 2023, 09:08:56 AMI trust them, I was just saying in this hypothetical were we have #1 and #2 I'm taking both Qbs and having another team pay me a ransom post draft to get one of them.

and if no one ponies up, and they both suck? man.. thats a 5 year hole right there.

Jclayton92

Quote from: B1GBLUE on November 16, 2023, 04:06:15 PMand if no one ponies up, and they both suck? man.. thats a 5 year hole right there.
As opposed to the bad Qb and hole we are already in?

At least taking two you are giving your franchise a chance. Instead of banging their heads against the rock that is Jones for a couple more seasons.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 16, 2023, 04:08:50 PMAs opposed to the bad Qb and hole we are already in?

At least taking two you are giving your franchise a chance. Instead of banging their heads against the rock that is Jones for a couple more seasons.

just to add to the crazy, what if jones lights it up next year? now you got an incumbent qb already under contract, and 2 guys no one really knows if they are gonna be anything? idk. just seems like too many what if's.

Dgoodmantrublu

Jones is a bad QB. He's not going to lit it up. His best season, the Giants were still last in the league in explosive passing plays. The entire draft is what ifs. You take the best information you have and make the most sensical move. The most sensical move is to draft a QB you think can be a top QB. We know Jones isn't that.

Quote from: B1GBLUE on November 16, 2023, 04:10:12 PMjust to add to the crazy, what if jones lights it up next year? now you got an incumbent qb already under contract, and 2 guys no one really knows if they are gonna be anything? idk. just seems like too many what if's.