News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Time is a cruel mistress

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, March 06, 2024, 05:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Jack Nicholson appears for the first time in 2 years and was wobbly looking off his balcony of his Hollywood mansion. He's 86 years old. Never really cared for him...always seemed smug and angry to me. Thought he was bigger than life...never once saw him as a down to earth human being in any situation

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Love Nicholson. Made some movies I absolutely love. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Shining, A Few Good Men, The Departed, the first Batman, Chinatown, As Good as It Gets, and Terms of Endearment are just a handful. I consider him an iconic Hollywood leading actor of the last half century or so. The fact that he doesn't look his best at 86 in a picture where he probably wasn't expecting to be photographed doesn't change anything for me.

ozzie

I like a lot of his movies, but I'm with Jolly as far as Jack Nicholson never came across as an approachable guy.
That doesn't make him a bad actor, just someone I would never go for a beer with.
I agree also that at 86 and out on your balcony you're not really expecting to be the subject of a photo shoot.
p.s. I hope I make it to 86!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

One of my all-time favorite actors. (My wife literally hates him and just about every movie he ever made). I couldn't agree more, always seemed a bit 'above' the ordinary man, but still doesn't take away the fact that today, he is (was) probably the most iconic American actor still alive. His role in A Few Good Men as Colonel Jessup was just a perfect role for him, aloft and always thinking he was above it all.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin